thread gone ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from my point of view...

Talking about products is fine in my eyes. Whoever sells them and whatever make or model they are. If you prefer one over another then fair enough, it's your opinion.

We, and all other sponsors pay a fair amount each year to have the privilege to sell our products on here and get our items reviewed from the members to either improve them or know they are ready for market. We also participate and give back to the forum through comps etc

If it was that easy for us all to advertise for free we would.. But trust me, there would be no forum. It costs Danny money to run this and it shouldn't be taken for granted or abused

Just from my point of view...

Talking about products is fine in my eyes. Whoever sells them and whatever make or model they are. If you prefer one over another then fair enough, it's your opinion.

We, and all other sponsors pay a fair amount each year to have the privilege to sell our products on here and get our items reviewed from the members to either improve them or know they are ready for market. We also participate and give back to the forum through comps etc

If it was that easy for us all to advertise for free we would.. But trust me, there would be no forum. It costs Danny money to run this and it shouldn't be taken for granted or abused
True but the Giants will always overshadow you,it can't be helped even with the best will in the world.you have a good name on here and have been great with dealing with selling and returns where necessary. Plasterers are hard working hard drinking stereotype,but it's not that simple either,when you have the leading brand of tool to sell then it will be different, plasterers will give to you straight,some brutally blunt,some just abusive or on a wind up, marshalltown have been around for a long time and refina have a great name, you are building Nela up and lots wish you the best and want you to succeed. People like myself who work six days a week plastering pricing,chasing money for the last twenty eight years look at things different than you and Danny do,there are plasterers who do this for a living every day and those like you and Danny who are in the industry of selling plastering and its tools to us and to you the sponsors,lots on here are not plasterers to me but they are in the industry in one way or another and I admire anyone making money and admire enterprise in general,

All do what we do to earn a living at the end of the day mate. I think everyone looks at it in the same way.

I love the fact there is competition and welcome it with open arms. Only gives me the ambition to succeed and develop our products and brand.

It's not just NELA I do remember. I'm also not referring to the NELA vs Refina debate. Some like one, some like the other. That's always going to be the case.

NELA has been out since the 16th April and I'm confident in saying it has a far greater following than Refina's trowels. Not there range though. No denying they have some great products but play by the rules with it. It's only fair for all of us

You can talk,but not actively promote or review competition from non sponsors, it's like eating McDonald's in burger kings or KFC ,they're just asking for respect and manners.

Exactly as @Johinosaif says. The sponsors invest a lot of money into the site and I personally put a lot of time out of hours into it and other forms of social media.

If your willing to support the forum and it's members then fair enough. I would welcome any competing tool brand onto the forum. You only get out what you put in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup I gave up a lot of my other projects to work tpf full time unfortunately passion doesn't pay the mortgage :-(

I will always be unbiased and also won't be bought... I get offered plenty of money to promote products and services... but am very picky about who I work with and who I associate myself with...

As a discussion point... am I the only person on here to have been sent some free tools etc, and then felt compelled to write a nice review.. or just keep quiet if you didnt like them ?? this if it happens, is totally wrong in my view...

It's quite simple if you want a product reviewed get on board with the forum and get a review but be prepared for negative reviews. I've had a trowel off refina a while back to try out and I got back to them with what I thought could be changed they didn't ask me to post a review on here. If anyone wants to send me any free tools I will try them but if you want a review you will have to speak to the owner it's his site. You can talk about what you want it's never been a problem but what happened in the past with some tools is when there is negative reviews they want them taken down and in some instances rightly so because they are usually from someone who hasn't used them they just think they are ****. This place has grown and has a big say online so naturally firms want to get involved so sponsor but some firms try to be sneaky which in the end makes them look stupid.

As a discussion point... am I the only person on here to have been sent some free tools etc, and then felt compelled to write a nice review.. or just keep quiet if you didnt like them ?? this if it happens, is totally wrong in my view...

Cassie its a free country, it must be everyone is shouting about it, and you can do whatever you want as long you are ready to take responsibility . So much info on here and I ,as an newbie, am very grateful . We share and we learn and it's all because of our experience . I have my own opinions and vision just like you and you don't have to feel **** if you have shared with us. For sure I don't like to be told what to buy and what not, nor like someone to mess with my business. It's like when you tell a kid not to do it again, they always do it strait away- the reverse effect. From what I read it looks like is misunderstood pointing at you as a Trojan horse mate. Don't let this stops you posting your reviews and opinions on here:RpS_thumbsup:
I have tools from p1ss, I love Refina, I have MT for ages and I love them all . With the time however ,you end up with favourites and hated ones and this is hard for someone to convince you otherwise .

ps. How did you get into the free tools scheme ? I wanna in:RpS_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.