Thistle gypprime

Members online

Donzo

Anyone know where you can buy this online.red bucket,£90 +
Had a look but don't see it readiely available.
Mega expensive.

Got mixed up there boys. Thought u just meant primer for going over the walls after. Never used that gyp prime before . Sorry fellas .

Glasgow area,
High suction sand,lime walls with finishing off,picture rails etc,,,

I have had previous issues with pva,
3 coats and still sucks like f***
Drying it out too quick then crazing.
U know Victorian building.
Really don't want to take any chances on this one.never used the stuff but any alternative ideas welcome.

Ive just used it last week.
About 80 including vat from SIG.
I used it on old Victorian walls, stone work with the old black mortar and brick internals.
I've been doing it at 3:1. It's works but I'd be tempted to do it neat on the other bricks walls I have left.
Still sucks a fair bit.
Don't believe there coverage either it doesn't go that far.
They say at 6:1 with water it can go to 600m2.
At 3:1 I've been using its covered about 200
The stronger the better but then it will eat it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used it on old Victorian walls, stone work with the old black mortar and brick internals.
I've been doing it at 3:1. It's works but I'd be tempted to do it neat on the other bricks walls I have left.
Still sucks a fair bit.
Still sucks a fair bit.

Do u need to leave it until dry like bond it.

It's sbr mate, get the big tubs on eBay

It's a similar product but def not just SBR.
You can't just use neat SBR to any surface as it would create a fully water proof seal so nothing would bond to it without shelling or cracking surely?

Glasgow area,

Really don't want to take any chances on this one.never used the stuff but any alternative ideas welcome.
50-50 mix ?

Never used sbr,but if anyone has tried it using plaster on top of it I would be interested to know.
Though I can't risk a f*** on this project.

Never used sbr,but if anyone has tried it using plaster on top of it I would be interested to know.
Though I can't risk a f*** on this project.

Ive used the knauf version and found it good at killing suction, i sometimes throw a little of the betakontakt in with it to give a bit of key.

Ive used the knauf version and found it good at killing suction, i sometimes throw a little of the betakontakt in with it to give a bit of key.
Where do you get it from jim? I tried a knauf supplier in cov and they wanted £70 for a tub

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Glasgow area,

have you tried using a stabilizer on the wall first then pva or grit coat as the stabilizer really does hold the suction back and you can get it from tool&fix for around £8.00 for 5 litres

Wouldn't grit on pva myself as it re-emulsifies.....If I have problem walls I 4-1 sbr them, leave over night then cementone grit on them..... bit of a faf but better than leaving a shite job...

Why do people treat sbr like Pva and let it set? [emoji30] I thought it becomes water proof once it sets?

Thanks for your feedback,I have found out cementone do it stabilizing and pre grit which I have used before which will do the job,says it primes as well,half the cost as gyprime,though don't know how it will cover as well.

Thanks for your feedback,I have found out cementone do it stabilizing and pre grit which I have used before which will do the job,says it primes as well,half the cost as gyprime,though don't know how it will cover as well.
How did this job end up mate , what did you end up using , I've been back on the gyprime today and forgot how good it is , just been telling my mate to get some but he is tight and won't take my advice that gyprime is the best

I've signed up to the forum quite sometime ago, I don't really post I just like reading the banter and getting tips.
I passed my level 2 a couple of years ago and I'm refurbishing a large early 1900's Victorian house. My plastering is at a good standard although I've got to a certain level and I don't seem to be improving on my speed. I had a ceiling that was 40sqm that need to be skimmed which would have been an impossible task for me to do, so I decided to get a plasterer to do it for me. When he was doing the ceiling I spent the whole time chatting to him and I mention that I read on this forum about distemper and I wasn't sure whether the walls in this property had distemper he told me that he no longer uses PVA and he only uses neat SBR and skims on it when it's fully dry and he has never had any come backs he's been plastering for 20 years plus. Not sure if the walls in the property had distemper I thought I would try neat SBR I plastered a number of walls when the SBR was dry and all was good. For some reason I then skimmed a few walls when the SBR was tacky and when the plaster fully dried out their was a number of light patches (I've attached a pic) I gave it a mist coat and then a coat of paint when the wall had its second coat of paint some of the light patches have popped out. So I've had no problems skimming why the SBR is dry. image.jpeg

How did this job end up mate , what did you end up using , I've been back on the gyprime today and forgot how good it is , just been telling my mate to get some but he is tight and won't take my advice that gyprime is the best
Job was fine,,,,i only use cementone now,,,decent flow of it,decent price,
Gyprime overpriced.

stabiliser first then cementone grit the green suff that gyprime is designed really for high suction blocks for floating out I wouldn't trust it on reskims it's only a primer