Thistle dri coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagrat

hi there all can anyone tell me if it is possible to skim the same day ?have used it about 10 years ago can't remember if I let it dry 24 hours ?also who stock it ?bq done it not to sure many thanks Nick

You can skim in24-48 hrs I usually leave it for a week, you might find a ballache to get hold of merchants my way only sell it if you buy a pallet a time. Vandex could be an alternative 24 hrs delivery and you can get a few bags only not a pallet load

Thanks for replies thought it would be next day .ive only got a day to do it so it's hardwall I guess !spec says sand and cement but want to do in a day .

Accelerator will work will s&c although I'd never skim same day!
A National damp proofing company I've done bits for use this bagged quick set stuff, it sets in 35mins and can skim straight away! I never liked it though, I resulted to literally putting It on with my hands on one small section.
Not for full walls really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's probably one of the reasons they do not have a Great name and I've seen some of their plastering work it's dog poo
I know of them as went to "apply" for a position there as they quoted for the same jobs as me their only selling point is that they knock a room out in a day from start to finish. I do not think that many damp-proofing firms got good names not the big ones anyway, no offence to anyone.

I know of them as went to "apply" for a position there as they quoted for the same jobs as me their only selling point is that they knock a room out in a day from start to finish. I do not think that many damp-proofing firms got good names not the big ones anyway, no offence to anyone.

Yes and they only skim half way up the wall and from some I've seen do not even properly attempt to feather in, I think what's a winner for them is they offer a credit facility

Yes and they only skim half way up the wall and from some I've seen do not even properly attempt to feather in, I think what's a winner for them is they offer a credit facility
I didn't know about the credit thingy. Surely looks better skimming the lot. Don't know how they got the bba approval but stormguard got similar system in place now too.

Agree mate i always price to skim over the whole wall and if i dont get it then i dont give a toss. Intrigued to know why its got to be done in one day?
@Bagrat @carlos
The reason for one day is 2hour drive and I want to try and avoid going back again !that would be 8 hour drive in 2 days !no thanks So if I can bump it one visit I will even if it means hardwall .

The reason for one day is 2hour drive and I want to try and avoid going back again !that would be 8 hour drive in 2 days !no thanks So if I can bump it one visit I will even if it means hardwall .

The advantage is its easy avaliable and should finish even if you had to build it out.

Did you not take that into account when pricing? If so why price it for one day when it's not a one day job regardless of travel?

Did you not take that into account when pricing? If so why price it for one day when it's not a one day job regardless of travel?

I price same as you but call them visits, they can end up as 2/3 visits at 3/4 hours but priced for 8 hours. Some i get some i dont.

and that's without a superdooperflexiplazzispat............just a plain old normal trowel...............i know it sounds crazy but its true............................just a normal trowel

The job doesn't have to be done in a day I was just trying to avoid travelling so far .the job is day rate so regardless if I finish in a day or two it's of no advantage to myself !plus I don't want to miss the match on Wednesday night as I've already paid for my ticket .

Then leave it for a few days before going back to skim it . No good will come from skimming sand n cememt the same day and if its a damp job how can you use hardwall ?.

That in no doubt beader ! I ain't leaving a few days as I'm not driving 300 miles again for same money! When I can be closer to home for same money !i can't get out of doing the job hence the hit and run .

Rapid cement and skim the same day, no bother

If your doing a 3:1 mix dependent on back ground, but say 9" solid brickwork.

Go with 9 sand 2 opc 1 rapid cement. If you were going over tanking 2 rapid 1 normal. The blue circle extra rapid cement will set up in the barrow in 35-45min.

I have worked in damproofing for all my working life. The only time we skim full height is if it's asked for, it's normal practice.

Rapid cement and skim the same day, no bother

If your doing a 3:1 mix dependent on back ground, but say 9" solid brickwork.

Go with 9 sand 2 opc 1 rapid cement. If you were going over tanking 2 rapid 1 normal. The blue circle extra rapid cement will set up in the barrow in 35-45min.

I have worked in damproofing for all my working life. The only time we skim full height is if it's asked for, it's normal practice.

What would you do in your own house carl? Would you patch or skim the whole wall?

Last edited:
What would you do in your own house carl? Would you patch or skim the whole wall?

For sure skim full height. I don't know why we don't as normal, it just doesn't happen.

I guess it's cost. I know a subby who gets £20m2 s+c and skim. If it's on stone if more for the extra thickness. An extra £10 to over skim the tops would cost a joke.

For sure skim full height. I don't know why we don't as normal, it just doesn't happen.

I guess it's cost. I know a subby who gets £20m2 s+c and skim. If it's on stone if more for the extra thickness. An extra £10 to over skim the tops would cost a joke.
You must work off a minimum meterage @carlos or you would be working for nowt for little jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.