this must b the lowest price ever

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1903

pricsd a cornice job the other day running a 5m length and 1m in an alcove 2 mitres and a joint usual rates ( i thought). the client phoned me the day after to come round to see him. He had another quote and this guy was priceing at &15 per meter mitre and joimts. iv never seen anything priced so low for cornice work.

I would love to see the state of it when he's finished. Either he's fresh off a course, desperate for money and still lives with his mum, or both.

15 a metre 4 running a cornice 2 match existing.4 an insurance job.surly not thats way 2 cheap.is he runing cornice on site or in casting shop.

£80 a metre I was quoted once to match existing ornate cornice, and then I had to fit it. Guy must be a numpty.

Perhaps the guys not got a lot of work on, has plenty of money going out and just happened to have a mould that only needed a slight adjustment. Again just because someone is cheap it doesn't mean they'll mess the job up.
I'm a little puzzled as to why, on getting a cheaper quote he asked you to go round to see him?

Perhaps the guys not got a lot of work on, has plenty of money going out and just happened to have a mould that only needed a slight adjustment. Again just because someone is cheap it doesn't mean they'll mess the job up.
I'm a little puzzled as to why, on getting a cheaper quote he asked you to go round iv started doing work for the builder on the house and the owner seems 2 b happy with wot weve done so far so wants us 2 do the cornice as well but its the insurance thats got the other guy in (not local) andtheres about £600 of a diffrence id b a tad worriedif i was him 2.

I'm a little puzzled as to why, on getting a cheaper quote he asked you to go round iv started doing work for the builder on the house and the owner seems 2 b happy with wot weve done so far so wants us 2 do the cornice as well but its the insurance thats got the other guy in (not local) andtheres about £600 of a diffrence id b a tad worriedif i was him 2.

Oh I see, so he wasn't just getting you back to try to get you to drop down to the other lads price then. I do feel sorry for the customer when they know who they'd like to do the job in their house but the insurance company has other ideas.

He can refuse to have him - at least until he gets some guarantees from him or the insurers :RpS_thumbup:

pricsd a cornice job the other day running a 5m length and 1m in an alcove 2 mitres and a joint usual rates ( i thought). the client phoned me the day after to come round to see him. He had another quote and this guy was priceing at &15 per meter mitre and joimts. iv never seen anything priced so low for cornice work.

let him have it you could add a nought on to it

When will they learn.
There should be a trade union for plasterers and a mimimum rate across the board.

weve been here before mate there has been many a post touching on this subject, I feel strongly about a steady pricing structure but have explained on here before how it will never work, ever

Status
Not open for further replies.