Thinking of doing a damp proofing learning cource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseyboy

Hello all
I am thinking of doing a damp proofing cource any suggestions on which one ?
It's just so I can take on more work
Thanks

I see them use that dry zone stuff ...didn't know u had to do a course though...if u think it's a good idea go for it..more areas u do the better but I think to be proper damp u have to be registered and offer insurance backed guarantee..I stick to the plasterwork after it's been done

I see them use that dry zone stuff ...didn't know u had to do a course though...if u think it's a good idea go for it..more areas u do the better but I think to be proper damp u have to be registered and offer insurance backed guarantee..I stick to the plasterwork after it's been done
I would like to be registered as it give you a better chance of getting work
Thanks

http://www.property-care.org/training-qualifications/
Most property surveyors pass work onto to people registered to the PCA.
I did the kingfisher course, its only a one day thing and it doesnt really teach you alot but you get approved contractor status which allows you to issue guarantees. Soverign do the same kind of training not sure about dry zone or other manufacturers
Damp proofing is all about diagnosis which you only get with experience from others.
I get work from surveyors but im not PCA registered and i know plenty people who are with the PCA and know f**k all...........lol.
Its abit of a grey area tbh................@Irishspread is the dampproofing poster boy, he's abit trigger happy with the injection cream though...................:frenetico:

Hope this helps...............................:whistle:

Thanks mate
http://www.property-care.org/training-qualifications/
Most property surveyors pass work onto to people registered to the PCA.
I did the kingfisher course, its only a one day thing and it doesnt really teach you alot but you get approved contractor status which allows you to issue guarantees. Soverign do the same kind of training not sure about dry zone or other manufacturers
Damp proofing is all about diagnosis which you only get with experience from others.
I get work from surveyors but im not PCA registered and i know plenty people who are with the PCA and know f**k all...........lol.
Its abit of a grey area tbh................@Irishspread is the dampproofing poster boy, he's abit trigger happy with the injection cream though...................:frenetico:

Hope this helps...............................:whistle:

Your better going through a chemical company to get ur basic idea of doing it, but it takes a lot of experience to be able to do it properly.
I did it that way then worked for a few companies doing remedial work, its hands on that is the best way to learn.
Just because you have been doing it a while means nowt either you have to know the building you are looking at and how its made to really make a proper diagnosis.
Good look with it, if I was you I would go for it nothing ventured, but u need some knowledge of building forensics too

Your better going through a chemical company to get ur basic idea of doing it, but it takes a lot of experience to be able to do it properly.
I did it that way then worked for a few companies doing remedial work, its hands on that is the best way to learn.
Just because you have been doing it a while means nowt either you have to know the building you are looking at and how its made to really make a proper diagnosis.
Good look with it, if I was you I would go for it nothing ventured, but u need some knowledge of building forensics too
Thanks mate
I've had sum experience with damp proofing as 35% of property's over here have no dpc or foundations and are built a n granite
So hopefully with a bit of training I should be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.