thincoat render??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with the last part, but with regards to the suggestions why would they not be correct? Unfortunately I do know of many people who have used them in the past for the exact reason. What would you recommend tool wise?

Agreed with the last part, but with regards to the suggestions why would they not be correct? Unfortunately I do know of many people who have used them in the past for the exact reason. What would you recommend tool wise?
They are used with heavy renders, where, by their very nature, they have a certain depth/thickness which allows for coarse abrasive action that these tools are designed for.( ie scraped/plain render)

Use these on thincoat and you a)risk unnecessary scarring of a floated base coat and b)exposure of the scrim cloth.

Both would result in extra patching works, extra time, extra cost and is just in my opinion wrong use of tools for the job in hand.

Again I agree with you, and know there exact purpose of use. However, when this problem does arise it can be 'potentially' solved. If there was a tool designed for this then I would obviously recommend that. But to my knowledge there isn't, hence why you shouldn't need to use it in the first place.

Again I agree with you, and know there exact purpose of use. However, when this problem does arise it can be 'potentially' solved. If there was a tool designed for this then I would obviously recommend that. But to my knowledge there isn't, hence why you shouldn't need to use it in the first place.

If the problem arises, it is because the the so called plasterer is **** at his job. How the f*ck anyone can leave a 2-3mm level coat which then requires the 'high points' trimmed off with any tool other than the trowel it was made with, is beyond me.

God theres some bitchyness on here! don't actually need it, but was just wondering, thanks anyway!!

Probably just because the ones of us who operate as render co's who have a wealth of experience and try to earn a living out of it are constantly competing in the work place with chancers who usually fk jobs up and get the products a bad name.

either that or the fact that every week there is another thread on thin coat or EWI or acrylic that is basically the same as the last one when a simple search would do the job

:RpS_biggrin:

I've been using one stop for a while now,Ryan and Andy are helpful guys,a good selection of tools ( I can't get on with all of them ) Mates use their stuff aswell with no complaints. The Ritmo l is a bag of shite and Balbag where u based I might be able to show you the process as I have 26yrs behind me.

I've been using one stop for a while now,Ryan and Andy are helpful guys,a good selection of tools ( I can't get on with all of them ) Mates use their stuff aswell with no complaints. The Ritmo l is a bag of shite and Balbag where u based I might be able to show you the process as I have 26yrs behind me.

hi spach! im based in cornwall mate!

Well you're the first person I've heard slate the Ritmo, the question, is it the Ritmo that's "a bag of shite" or...................?

Ritmo l mate!! Does everything it says on the tin but not very well..

Everyone knows it's not as quick at firing on render as say a G4 but it's more versatile and it's quicker and easier than mixing, lugging the gear up a scaffold and applying the gear by hand.

Everyone knows it's not as quick at firing on render as say a G4 but it's more versatile and it's quicker and easier than mixing, lugging the gear up a scaffold and applying the gear by hand.

For speed and volume then a 3 phrase but it is a lot of lugging weight around. For my 2 coat refurb work the slower output of a Ritmo L is ideal. If I can afford it this year I might just downgrade from the monojet to one.

prob down to not being shown the machine properly or maybe seen it on a day when there was a problem.

I often wonder about swapping our pumps for a ritmo coz it means we only need one machine not two as we have now, that and the fact that every single person I met with a ritmo raves the pants off it. Hell goodman wud prob kick the missus out before his Rit - Im sure it sleeps next to him at night

Training day??? Load of b*ll***s that was! It was just a sales pitch. The Ritmo struggled to keep up on a site with 1500 house and apartments in two coat, the we started another large site with scratch render and it was useless. After sales was crap so went back to a machine a have confidence in.

Training day??? Load of b*ll***s that was! It was just a sales pitch. The Ritmo struggled to keep up on a site with 1500 house and apartments in two coat, the we started another large site with scratch render and it was useless. After sales was crap so went back to a machine a have confidence in.

Well Spach I have no idea who you are or what you do but I do know you talk shite.
I've had a site of over a thousand plots and they were done by hand, keeping up with the schedule no problem and the Ritmo will definitely throw it on faster than by hand (not finished quicker), so that makes no sense.
God knows who you bought it off as I bought mine off UK Plastering Machines (Stu) via Les and so far I've pretty much had help whenever I've needed it.

TBH if you have 1500 plots for two coat work a fair choice would be to go with a three Phase (g4 or similar) would it not...... horses for courses n all that..

thing is the machine owned by whoever is going to increase that mans output so why worry. I wouldnt attack 1500 plots on my own with a ritmo. I would look at a couple of gangs with more pumps or pumps with bigger outputs depending on the man numbers etc

no man thats not fair. I hate mac

your a geek whos a sheep. Go back 10 years and you would have felt the same about microsoft. Imac ! Ipod ! I phone ! I Pad! without them no phone to play videos that stores all your music and lets you browse the net. Mac iz arrrriiiteee arrr Ked hes not harming nobody

your a geek whos a sheep. Go back 10 years and you would have felt the same about microsoft. Imac ! Ipod ! I phone ! I Pad! without them no phone to play videos that stores all your music and lets you browse the net. Mac iz arrrriiiteee arrr Ked hes not harming nobody

I think you will find that the sheep live in the apple field bloons The very reason i dont own an "i"or have sky is I hate the corporates who get to a size where they are able to dictate your life and make choices for you by restricting your freedom of choice.

hahahahahahaha

maybe mac is alright but his itunes programme are a caaaant to use. and alot of the software i use for work duna work with mac.

when the day comes where all files/programmes/formats are cross compatable between all the manufacturers is the day i await then a simple choice of what you like to use best is all you need to make

anyway back to the ritmo

You're a geek. Im sure you have a grey afro and paint great picture s in a black room whilst describing your strokes

Mac on the web is faster for me than window but my payroll software is windows only. New macs can now have both Mac and windows installed. Kills two birds with one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.