thin curves to walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane

Hi lads on wide curved walls no problem using a trowel and get a good finish. When it comes to those thin cuves
i use a thin strip of plastic off a carrier bag and run it up and down the wall is their any other way to do this ? Thanks for any help.

Yes church just i had some todo yesterday round the door came out ok useing the strip ov plastic I don't come across them often though.Just wanted to know if you or others use some thing else? cheers matt.

I think he means a bullnose external Spunky. I recently bought a Marshaltown bullnose external trowel but when your having to blend in with what's already there the plastic method is best IMO.

i know what you mean mate there hard .........for the backing coat make a template and when skimming them good luck ;D............just follow it round mate if you hold youre trowel at too much of an angle they tend to tear, i dont like bagging them cause you cant really trowel it up after i trowel them the best i can then when its ready for a polish go round the curve with a dry sponge

let it go right off and clean the back and leading edge of the trowel every stroke..
pain in the arse but if its gypbonded it helps a lot..

Does any one know how the old school players used to form the external rounded corners in the first place? I've skimmed plenty and are bang on.(its all in the wrist) Also the same with DPC work but i had the level to work to at the top of the wall.

It depends on how small the curve is, if it's a small tight curve them a template is used working off the walls/ reveals either side of the external, if it's quite a wide curve, usually on an external angle of two walls rather than a reveal/wall then these can be done either with a template or using a feather edge to rule around the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.