Thin coat

Members online

Rst1983

hi,I'm pricing a large farm house,existing render is solid sand and cement with scat finish and paint.they wud like a thin coat render only system over the top!any ideas on bonding agents please?thinking render grip?

It's tough but fair,
You don't know the first thing what your doing. Just fishing for tips of a forum and having a go on a paying punters house, I'm all for dishing out advice on rendering but you need a basic understanding of the application of bucket renders first.

I'm with owls on this one rst1983. I'm mostly internal but do the odd smaller sand and cement external jobs. If anyone asks about monocouche or thincoat work and I'll pass it on to a mate who knows what he's doing.

Fair enough big spuds.done a fair amount of thin coat on ewi and cement board tho never done over existing render,funny that 2 guys reply with a constructive answer ref a bonding agent or similar,yet u answer with,u don't know the first thing your doing!loser

First the banter then questions and answers ! This is how this place works btw.Dont take it personal, it's never personal, unless you are shite and start kicking. Then is the fun and we are all about this;)

Fair enough big spuds.done a fair amount of thin coat on ewi and cement board tho never done over existing render,funny that 2 guys reply with a constructive answer ref a bonding agent or similar,yet u answer with,u don't know the first thing your doing!loser

No offence meant sweetcheeks. If you do a search on here you'll find plenty of threads regarding going over existing render. You'll also see that on most of them someone ends up copping the arsehole and kicking off. All part of the fun of TPF!

Yep big time looser me, any advice on rendering?

Just done a search using the bar but nothing came up ..

Just read the back of the bag or tubs, most have the instructions on the back.

Failing that just paint it.