Thin coat render over existing render and painted brick

Jim85

Hi guys

We had an ewi job to do over a few existing rendered walls on a terraced house.

The guy is now saying he doesn't want the insulation he can't afford it. (He is a landlord to a rented house) But he still wants the k rend acrylic finish.

Can this be done? It's not ideal I know but we do a fair bit of work for him and because he's an architect he puts a fair bit of work our way so would like to help him out.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

K rend won't guarantee over any painted surface so if your wanting a warranty from them they won't give it, scrabbling is a ball ache.

Look at Parex, they do a base suitable for painted surfaces Maite or parinter, 1 or the other.

R7 is their SBR and R10 is their liquid primer.

I enquirer about a job in Leeds, K'rend over painted solid render and the answer was no, strip it

Thanks guys I spoke to the guy earlier today and he's agreed that it would be best to fix some insulation to the place after I told him the cost difference wouldn't be that great.

K rend won't guarantee over any painted surface so if your wanting a warranty from them they won't give it, scrabbling is a ball ache.

Look at Parex, they do a base suitable for painted surfaces Maite or parinter, 1 or the other.
K rend won't guarente s**t unless they install it .