THERMAL RENDER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this mesh stuff that you use in these systems, huw much £? were from? i want to try it ror skimming when i have a ceiling with lots of cracks

depends what mesh and where from they come in different grades and are fire tested to each manufactureres specifications some can cost around £90 roll plus vodka and tonic or even more. but you can get cheaper low impact mesh. you buy mostly direct from the system manufacturer but there are one or two places nr by that stock it. not really something i would waste on plastering ceilings its too good a product and a guess would say that the weight of the mesh would just fall down if used with scim on a ceiling. you be better using the old hessien (check spelling) for this I think you can still buy on a big roll

kirk mate, check out SAS-Europe, they are a modern render/plaster supplier and have all the info you want about monocouche,thin coat, EWI, mesh, plastic beads etc

SAS too far though he could end up payin a carrige charge for a one off job.you would have too ask.(good product though) there are a few manufacturers driving distance from ere you could pick up your own also keels stock webers products and the mesh altough you may have to order other components such as fixings eps.

see it says for walls. could still be too heavy and pull off the ceiling. its a light grade tho so unless you try it you cant be sure

I didnt know that grand how much is it? and is it self adhesive (render mesh aint self adhesive kirk i forgot to mention its designed to be fully embedded in the basecoats)

is that fibatape to use in backing coat or skim?...could you stick this stuff to cracked l&p wall then skim? would it prevent cracks coming bk?

i've got a full roll of that mesh stuff. exactly the same as fibretape but not self adhesive. my mate got it for a job at his house and only used about 2 metres off it. how much is it brand new?

steve cov said:
i've got a full roll of that mesh stuff. exactly the same as fibretape but not self adhesive. my mate got it for a job at his house and only used about 2 metres off it. how much is it brand new?

The pink weber mesh I get for £37 a roll or a cheaper brand of white mesh for £25 a roll Steve.

on the subject of that weber mesh roll how many M2 do you get out of it?
When you get a system that has been specified they razz up the price cos its a ded cert

Status
Not open for further replies.