the wheat from the chaff

Members online

I didn't touch solid plastering for the first two years. The only plaster I knew of was white.
Everything we did was restoration of fibrous stuff. I wish I could go back and stick to that.
I've made gargoyles for royalty from a silicone mould of the original that I took down by hand, soaked and scraped 200 years of paint off it.
When you tell someone you're a plasterer they think of some scruffy c**t in trackies skimming Mrs Jones spare room.
We learn every day. 'The day you think you know it all is the day you limit yourself to knowing nothing but what you know!
i work in some top class houses one is a cousin to the queen he is an arse hole another female was prince charles public relation officer shes A1 but the best is public school boy with a very big country house done his work for over 30 year now the fibrous work put u in some lovely places

I didn't touch solid plastering for the first two years. The only plaster I knew of was white.
Everything we did was restoration of fibrous stuff. I wish I could go back and stick to that.
I've made gargoyles for royalty from a silicone mould of the original that I took down by hand, soaked and scraped 200 years of paint off it.
When you tell someone you're a plasterer they think of some scruffy c**t in trackies skimming Mrs Jones spare room.
We learn every day. 'The day you think you know it all is the day you limit yourself to knowing nothing but what you know!
Sometimes tho mrs jones spare room brings in £600-£700 for 6 hours work..cash obviously.im in it for the money,nothing else,couldn't careless if somebody knows more about some fibrous mould

I asked bro inlaw how long it takes to learn his mate said 10 years . Bro in law said yeah bout 10 years .

f**k**g showed them in 2 days

Sometimes tho mrs jones spare room brings in £600-£700 for 6 hours work..cash obviously.im in it for the money,nothing else,couldn't careless if somebody knows more about some fibrous mould
All I do is Mrs Jones work, that's where the money is.
My point is there is a skill to our craft and if you can't do it all then you shouldn't be called a plasterer. Plasterers now a days are just skimmers in my book.
Nothing wrong with that if that's all you want or need to know how to do. You can make plenty of ones doing that.
But to be a plasterer, in my opinion is to be a master in fibrous and solid.
This is what I think the original point @The Hobo is trying to make. He's asking who is a proper time served spread

All I do is Mrs Jones work, that's where the money is.
My point is there is a skill to our craft and if you can't do it all then you shouldn't be called a plasterer. Plasterers now a days are just skimmers in my book.
Nothing wrong with that if that's all you want or need to know how to do. You can make plenty of ones doing that.
But to be a plasterer, in my opinion is to be a master in fibrous and solid.
This is what I think the original point @The Hobo is trying to make. He's asking who is a proper time served spread
Bet there's not one person on here who can do every aspect of trade. And definitely won't ever be again

I was in a+e this week, a chippy came in after me with a 1st fix nail in his ass.
He was sat on a joist and his pal shot a nail with an air nail gun through the timber. Went in so deep they couldn't see the head
Possibility you had a fight with a chippie and shot him with paslode after he gashed your arm?

It’s about job satisfaction!! I’ve earnt my money now! I ain’t gonna work for nothing and I know my worth, but I still want to leave a job I’m proud of
Can you point where I said I don't care? You seem to have a bee in your bonnet you not getting any at home or sumat? I'm saying get out of your arse it's plastering we aint saving lives

Can you point where I said I don't care? You seem to have a bee in your bonnet you not getting any at home or sumat? I'm saying get out of your arse it's plastering we aint saving lives
I beg to differ customers have been left crying when I finish a job!