The stupid things people say

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
o...btw i would seroiusly pay that geezer on a decent job to stand there doin f'ck all except tell us what to do and how to do it....experience is worth its weight in whatever currency your up against...currency = beeeeeeeeerr innit + fast cars and big exhausts.....well worth it trust me ive actualy been there anyone been there? anyone WANT to be there?

Yeah hats off good idea i dont think the dragons will invest in that one though knowing how unpridictable spreads are :D I went to look at a job the other day and most of the job had been finished about 90% done so i asked what happened to the other spreads he said he went round to check on them one day at about 2pm and all 3 of them were a sleep in the basement ;D it didnt go down to well aparentley I said whats wrong with that there's a pub next door, joking obviously i havent heard nothing from him yet ;D

f'ck knows..reminds me of window fitting..i was early 20's then...same shite but on price....same shite... :cool:

i like the one where you put a trowel over the first coat and the lady of the house says oooooh that looks lovely ......................................... i want to say yep that's it all done ;D.......might aswell it's all down hill from there ;D

lol dont u just hate that...makes u think u could have been home hours ago...
then it goes the other way.....'why does it go dark over there first...'

is anyone or every one like me wheras if i catch it right theres no need for a final knowing the paint will look A1 but still feel the need to give it one more for the customer??

I think seggs we all get into a routine even if its looking great you still do it the same way you do it every day muscle memory i think its called you just do it unconciously mind you ive done the last trowel on hardwall rough and set on thermalites before and its all gone a bit shiney and the painters have moaned the paint wouldnt stick so sometimes its bad for that final trowel.

wierd i know.. things is im used to takin ages for a good few weeks now and check this..im teachin the lad yes? so iv been havin sod all and givin him the other half and lookin after him...
so ive done this render, put watrproofer in 1st..done it agian in float then had to leave it a day..ran out of skim, delivery badly organised not my f'ckup...hit it next day after dont forget bein devil floated..used boardy..went on tooooo easy...
i couldhave had 40 mtres out of it on my own 1 set...
no kidding..
thing is u get used to 3 trowels on a 25 m set...
i could have had it in 1.5 makes no sense but 2 and it was gorge...even took the p'ss...\
would have dried perfect eggshell...
felt i had to give it one more, waited another 45 minutes (guess)...but why? just me
im thinkin another line on internal render...
just leave it alone with waterproof in 2nd coat (u dont have 2, get it green the 2nd day) but it lets u put loads and loads on (leave it another day and it behaves like bondit), still stick uve give it a key (not to mention the key is where the 'bits' go)....i could do this all week...
forgot to mention been a while since ive been on the s#c i used to do metre high etc...plus external (different ball game entirely)...

when i was a kid it was puma set and puma match was all the rage i remember the  adidas gazelles i think there still about now but they always made your feet look massive ;D

I had a pair of Puma 'Wicked' when I was 11. Fat laces (or phat as the kids say now) and shell toe styleeee. They were my pride and joy. Went nice with my Nike Windrunner jacket and grey Farah trousers.... :)

Hardwalled and skimmed a wall a while back and the woman kept coming out and asking questions but my favourite as she handed over my money standing next to the wall was

"so when does it turn white?"

"when you paint it love" I said

;D

when i was a kid it was puma set and puma match was all the rage i remember the  adidas gazelles i think there still about now but they always made your feet look massive ;D

I had a pair of gazell and samba but the first decent trainers were nike wallywoffle does anyone remember them.

:mad:blood hell, how rich were you lot as kids? I had market four stripe trainers and half mast pants with flecks in em! There was a fashsion for boat shoe in 88 and I wanted to be one of the lads ;)....My dad got me some from his work!!....only kid at school with steel toe capped boat shoes :'(

we were qypbonding the walls of a massive house and the lady of the house comes in with her mate (very posh) and sais ooooh look there painting already ;D.............we could get away with murder ......... ;D

Hardwalled and skimmed a wall a while back and the woman kept coming out and asking questions but my favourite as she handed over my money standing next to the wall was

"so when does it turn white?"

"when you paint it love" I said

;D

LOL ;D Some people just dont understand. I did a render job a while back and was asked pretty much the same question, she was pretty gutted when i told her it had to be decorated, she said "what am i paying for then?" TO HAVE YOUR HOUSE RENDERED!!!! some people dont have a clue. Blimey if i was a chef would customers expect me to eat there food for them ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.