The Ritmo coach bolt

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
What a poorly designed piece of crap that bolt system is that secures the motor grill.

Mine totally failed today and now just spins round and won't locate in the channel as it should as that is worn.

My mate is an engineer a very clever one at that he's gonna design this properly, cut out all that old shite and weld in the new.

Shame as the Ritmo is such a great little tool

What year is your machine? I have a 2012 model that has a m10 bolt rather than the m8 that the older ones have.
How has the bolt or slot worn out? Are you tightening the bolt, or just hand tight?

Mines a Ritmo l with the larger bolt.

The Chanel that the bolt locates in to stop it spinning has become misshapen and doesn't do its job so the bolt just spins. I'm sure the lads have been hanging off it with the spanner but none the less it's a piss poor design

What has your man come up with to improve the design.
I haven't had issue with the bolt as yet, other than having to get a spanner out. Something quick release would be nice.

He hasn't looked at it yet. He is tomorrow but whatever it is it'll
Be simple and effective.
He's a clever ******* he designs 40metre fly bridge motor yachts

Mines a Ritmo l with the larger bolt.

The Chanel that the bolt locates in to stop it spinning has become misshapen and doesn't do its job so the bolt just spins. I'm sure the lads have been hanging off it with the spanner but none the less it's a piss poor design

Not that we've used our Ritmo much but we were quite surprised at how awkward and fiddly some of the design is considering we're also told about German efficiency. And you're dead right there must be a better way of keeping the grill fastened in place.

It is shite design. We have had to replace ours 2 times already. Not expensive to sort really.

A quick realise system would be better. Having to get a socket out each.time to tighten and losen gets on my tits. Ends up being tighten by finger and the ritmo don't like that

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Yeah why have a nut n bolt in a location where bags of plaster go day after day. Demented. Quick release lever would be better. I'm a g5 man now tho. Still hate everything

Same here with regards to the bolt had to replace mine after 6 months on the ritmo l.it is a **** design.let us know rich when you have sorted it

You use you digits to turn it Nick! I aint had a problem with mine and it's a 2006 model, user error Richard Brown.

ah ha!!
i used to tighten my old bolt with my fingers but had a lid flying off moment one day so then kept using a rachet and it eventually sheared. used a wingnut since and it was fine

a clampable lid is definitely the way forward.

First thing I noticed about the ritmo, I would ditch the coach boat straight away and graft in a Heavy duty toggle latch, no spanner needed.

I will tell you how the channel will wear,

The area around the bolt is not cleaned and becomes tight so the operator will start knocking the bolt with a hammer to get it to move along the channel . Also , the bolt should be done up tight, there is no reason to have this bolt loose, infact if you run the machine with the bolt loose then your running the machine in an unsafe state. Its a bolt for a reason, this is to stop any idiot from opening the grill. I dont know anyone else who has an issue with this, if they have been trained. If i remember , you purchased this machine from a private seller?

I bought the machine new.

It's the cheapest option for Pft to secure the motor and it's complete shite. Everyone I have spoken to apart from Pft agree.

oooooooooo betty, lmfao mr brown, but joking aside, its not PFT fault, its down to heath and safety. you just cant have a spring clip Rich holding the hopper down.

I bought the machine new.

It's the cheapest option for Pft to secure the motor and it's complete shite. Everyone I have spoken to apart from Pft agree.

They could come up with something better though Paul.

I did swap it then I bought a new one cause the one I swapped was dirty and I couldn't look at it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.