The NELA PlasticFlex Trowel Review

Members online

Theres an advert for mini diggers on tpf hiring for £75 a day.

Maybe you could hire them for £74 a day !!

I wouldnt mind a free go on one

Amazes me...I have met and enjoy talking sharing views experiences with plasterers younger and older face to face ...yet on the net it seems impossible for people to do that...I have no bias to any make or brand I try all of them,why not,I used my nela plastic flex on all my sets for the last 2 weeks sometimes I flicked back to supaflex for final 2 trowel offs...then I got more used to the plastic flex on the final trowel off alone with no supaflex involved I thought it passed over better if I left it later than I would of with supaflexto finish with no drag or need for water.In one room I split the room in half with two walls finished supaflex and two plastic flex ..two days later I viewed the finish when it had dried and plastic flex walls were very good..I used it with multi over boards ,unifinish on walls and multi on walls...today I finished off magnetic plaster with it and again seemed to not drag at all and just glided over which I did like about it.The sizes I used were o.o6 and o.o4 the o.o6 was a bit stiffer but not much difference ...if i was going to buy one I would probably go for the 16 inch the 2 I had were 14 ...as I prefer finishing with 16 inch.thats as honest as I can be ..my old boss got two plastic flex at the same time as me and has been on his own jobs his verdict is near enough the same in terms of finishing.

Amazes me...I have met and enjoy talking sharing views experiences with plasterers younger and older face to face ...yet on the net it seems impossible for people to do that...I have no bias to any make or brand I try all of them,why not,I used my nela plastic flex on all my sets for the last 2 weeks sometimes I flicked back to supaflex for final 2 trowel offs...then I got more used to the plastic flex on the final trowel off alone with no supaflex involved I thought it passed over better if I left it later than I would of with supaflexto finish with no drag or need for water.In one room I split the room in half with two walls finished supaflex and two plastic flex ..two days later I viewed the finish when it had dried and plastic flex walls were very good..I used it with multi over boards ,unifinish on walls and multi on walls...today I finished off magnetic plaster with it and again seemed to not drag at all and just glided over which I did like about it.The sizes I used were o.o6 and o.o4 the o.o6 was a bit stiffer but not much difference ...if i was going to buy one I would probably go for the 16 inch the 2 I had were 14 ...as I prefer finishing with 16 inch.thats as honest as I can be ..my old boss got two plastic flex at the same time as me and has been on his own jobs his verdict is near enough the same in terms of finishing.
Some people like to stay old fashioned about things, no point forcing on them. I haven't seen this nela PF in person, seems ok, but sometimes it's a hindrance to carry all these, spats, flexes, plazis, speedskims, etc, about. It's like you can be a good chippy with a claw hammer and a handsaw, and you can be crap with having 10 nail guns and a festool kapex.

So you going to ship that plastic tosh your not keen on out to anyone so they can give it a go? Clearly ur not going to use it cus u think its crap and i smashed my TPF cup last weeks so 2 birds 1 stone and all that [emoji6]
I will be using again as I like to give things a fair go and not throw it out straight away... doing a h/s/l in a few weeks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Lads using the plastic refina trowel do you lads work on site or own domestic jobs. If so how do you use the refina solely for finish ie first coat . Flatten . 2nd coat .flatten. trowel up then dry trowel . As i work on site so dont flatten first coat. Used refina ones in past and to get best finish you have to flatten first coat to eliminate bumps . Just wondering if its same principle . Cheers

I will be using again as I like to give things a fair go and not throw it out straight away... doing a h/s/l in a few weeks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Danny we will all have one by the time of your next review lol

Quick question for Danny and plasterman as you have used the Neal plastic, would you say they are more durable than the plaziflex, for I must be one of many whom has shares in wet and dry paper now, I do like the plaziflex defiantly easier on my old joints, but getting pissed with the ease at which they get marked.

Quick question for Danny and plasterman as you have used the Neal plastic, would you say they are more durable than the plaziflex, for I must be one of many whom has shares in wet and dry paper now, I do like the plaziflex defiantly easier on my old joints, but getting pissed with the ease at which they get marked.

I would say yes they are

Heres one of the new round ones :sorprendido3:
image.jpeg

He said it does when saw him yesterday morning but i hav to see for myself!! Think il just wait til the nela one comes out. You've been using the nela one havnt you?
Yes my work mate has as well...today opened his van door and bucket with his trowels in fell out and broke his..plasticflex same as the supaflex etc u do have store them carefully..love all my trowels but without doubt favourite is my Speedskim