The gym and plastering

Anyone done much judo or owt like that? I don’t want to be boxing anymore getting punched, thinking a bit of rough and tumble would be good not interested in MMA with all the tattoo skin heads on roids though

MMA gyms often offer the fitness only. Boxing gyms do too. There isn't that much fitness in judo - or at least, there wasn't in the one I went to (but the instructor there was a bit of a loon, awarding himself dan grades and making stuff up about Japan)

I seem to remember - excuse spelling - Matee,which is sort of a pow wow, followed by 20-30 minutes taiso, which is strengthening exercises and not really fitness as such. Then an hour or so of 'rough and tumble' which was very often mostly technique. Another matee and then home. You might break a bit of a sweat,but it was hardly savage.

Just seem what I had written......was a-bit... G**........thorrweee....mmmwahh.

Just had another go in the gym......20k on the static bike. Tried for 10 sets of seated military presses interspersed with standing bicep dumbbell curls, managed 50 of each, adding weight every tenth rep. As you can imagine I was soon up to max weight, struggling to move it.
Then a blast on the squat machine, a 30 min sauna, bit of a swim, shower and home. 2hrs 45 in all.
In the words of the late Mr.James Brown.......”I feeel goood”......”I knew that I would”.....

I think I am going to join in Feb... took a t shirt off today because it was a little snug around belly... ffs

I am not being one of the January joining idiots though...

Got one in back garden . Used to love it but since little en came along I.ve just been to tired. Gonna get back on it in new year . Got smiths machine . Running machine . Pull up bar and dip bar and a punch bag and free weights inthere. Go out on mtb 2 to 3 times a week . My prob is my diet since little en come along. Before it was fruit in morning then summet else healthy every 4 hours now I just have no will power or time so it's sandwich or chippy. Have to say though no better cardio then punch bag

Got one in back garden . Used to love it but since little en came along I.ve just been to tired. Gonna get back on it in new year . Got smiths machine . Running machine . Pull up bar and dip bar and a punch bag and free weights inthere. Go out on mtb 2 to 3 times a week . My prob is my diet since little en come along. Before it was fruit in morning then summet else healthy every 4 hours now I just have no will power or time so it's sandwich or chippy. Have to say though no better cardio then punch bag

I am going to put my punch bag up in the garage again.... miss not having that about... good work out as you say ;-)

Me and Ni were talking about doing boxing, the charity fights you train for as a laugh and good fitness and Laura can film it all so pro mo too!

We found gloves and sparing pads in a house at work few months back so naturally started dicking about. I'd just put the pads on, not even braced myself and she swung at me. Had a right shiner! Eyebrow swelled up! Had to finish up rocky style to get out of there before customer came home as would've been a tad embarrassed :LOL:

:boxeador:

Me and Ni were talking about doing boxing, the charity fights you train for as a laugh and good fitness and Laura can film it all so pro mo too!

We found gloves and sparing pads in a house at work few months back so naturally started dicking about. I'd just put the pads on, not even braced myself and she swung at me. Had a right shiner! Eyebrow swelled up! Had to finish up rocky style to get out of there before customer came home as would've been a tad embarrassed :LOL:

:boxeador:

Hmm. Dicking about with gloves can be bad.

In Gonji Vakuf 94 (google it) the SSM decided that perhaps we could have Sunday afternoons off and opened the bar.

Sadly, that left us little to do between the bar closing at 4 and opening at 8 and so it turned out, we had two pairs of boxing gloves at our disposal.

Bored soldiers.

Beer.

Boxing gloves.

Fight Club was born!

Monday Morning Parade came. There were black eyes and questions.

And that was the end of Sunday afternoon drinking in Gornji Vakuf.

He later closed the bar completely for a month after some Americans complained about being hurled off the roof, but that's a story for another day.

Last edited:
I have to carry one of those small shovels aswell so that extra training plus the digging

Fancy getting myself a lurcher or greyhound type canine for some reason I'd like to take it in the fields chasing rabbits, a bit mean? But I just appreciate watching a working dog apply its skills.

Fancy getting myself a lurcher or greyhound type canine for some reason I'd like to take it in the fields chasing rabbits, a bit mean? But I just appreciate watching a working dog apply its skills.

Yeah love dogs mind you my tortoise is great fun watching him literally running about my lounge. Got lots of personality.

I am getting a cat for my garage to patrol the plot and keep the mice out of my garage and sheds :)

Coursing is against the law mate. You can get retired greyhounds they practically give it away

Coursing is against the law mate. You can get retired greyhounds they practically give it away

Sell you a retired sheepdog if you want?

18/yrs old

s**t with kids and grumpy as fook.

Chews everything like a puppy.

Hard to handle until you get to know her (which to be frank - took me three years, so is unlikely)

Skittish and snappy.

Grumpy and unfriendly.

Only bitten me once.

Very clever though.

Offers

Crafty them rabbits. Stay close to brambles for quick get away

18/yrs old

Hard to handle until you get to know her (which to be frank - took me three years, so is unlikely)

Skittish and snappy.

Grumpy and unfriendly.

Only bitten me once.

Very clever though.

Offers
Swap for two bonkers spaniels lol

Mrs won’t let me have a lurcher she only likes spaniels and labradors, I prefer terriers and hounds. I guess the rabbit idea was a bit sick?:lol: I’ve never had a dog , always wanted one but never been the right time.

18/yrs old

Skittish and snappy.

Grumpy and unfriendly.

Only bitten me once.

Very clever though.

Offers
Sounds like a charming character!

18/yrs old

Skittish and snappy.

Grumpy and unfriendly.

Only bitten me once.

Very clever though.

Offers
We have more pets than I'd like, so no thanks

Mrs won’t let me have a lurcher she only likes spaniels and labradors, I prefer terriers and hounds. I guess the rabbit idea was a bit sick?:lol: I’ve never had a dog , always wanted one but never been the right time.
Just get any dog mate, it will change your life for the better

Sounds like a charming character!

She's one grumpy unhinged old bsatard, but she's smart as a Guardsman. No lead necessary when it comes to crossing the road or standing outside the shop, waiting for the Great Man to come back out.

Do it the way she's expecting and people stop me in the street to admire my awesome obedient old dog.

Do it wrong in her opinion and she might very well bite me.

I got to Labrador/spaniel cross puppies....drive me mad, 2 hours walking today over two walks and still barmy as f**k

Get a retired police dog mate....they are awesome....I’ve homed two in the ten years, both gsd, cannot speak highly enough of them.
One I had featured in “send in the dogs” on the telly.......

Got 2 seven year oldish cockers. f**k**g mental . Not really got time for em to be fair with little en at min . Great with kids n people though if they got out they would only stop whe they reach coast. Working ones gentle as owt . But once of lead will jump of 6 foot high banks in to rivers and through barbed fences after game . Once fetched a crow back still alive . Wife had a fit

My two idiots

Attachments

• BE086513-218D-4E15-A19E-90D1A400366B.jpeg
    BE086513-218D-4E15-A19E-90D1A400366B.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 869918E5-737E-4348-A79D-E117A0A72F06.jpeg
    869918E5-737E-4348-A79D-E117A0A72F06.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 7E64A635-50A9-4A9B-803F-A0C63E277996.jpeg
    7E64A635-50A9-4A9B-803F-A0C63E277996.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 243
  • 16F91ECF-EEDE-42FC-B7C5-B5C0B0F7124F.jpeg
    16F91ECF-EEDE-42FC-B7C5-B5C0B0F7124F.jpeg
    576.3 KB · Views: 271
We had a boxer dog when I was a kid... loved that dog. I was devastated when she died.

Then got a giant schnauzer which was nice but I did not bond and the thing was huge and like to bark a lot.

Then my parents bought a cockerpoo and a sprocker they are nuts and to be honest I would like to see them walked a bit more and what not but they are mental and need to be on farm not housing estate but they 're happy and good fun.

I baby sit a few dogs around my way which is fun ;-)

Just dragged me sen back in . Can' believe how much I.ve let me sen go . But I just love food. Few pics of me gym just needs a bit of order n power....oh and before anyone asks why I haven't skimmed wall . I tell ye same as i tell them . Because I can't be bothered

Attachments

• 151543965028654645218.jpg
    151543965028654645218.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 256
  • 15154396765491160449775.jpg
    15154396765491160449775.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 275
  • 15154396956031156027605.jpg
    15154396956031156027605.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 262
I was meant to be for boxing the night after giving my wrist 2weeks to heal, but class at 6 and missus had to goto work to 6,Nd didn't tell me she was in until half 5...... so may wait to weds if I cba then lol