The champions guide to uni finish.

Members online

scottie5

Private Member
There's a few who seem to struggle getting this exotic material to adhere to the substrate.
So here's a top tip from a non Bg certified chancer.
If you invert your scrim ie put it on upside down it gives the uni something to stick to(y) hey presto no more sweeping It in to a bin bag in the morning or the inconvenience of changing your phone number on a regular bias.
Your very welcome x.

There's a few who seem to struggle getting this exotic material to adhere to the substrate.
If you invert your scrim ie put it on upside down it gives the uni something to stick to(y) hey presto no more sweeping It in to a bin bag in the morning or the inconvenience of changing your phone number on a regular bias.
Your very welcome x.

:lol:

Your very welcome x.

Perhaps should be treated like insulated board? Put it on, then smack some big fixings into it.

Danny i have a new slogan for a TPF tee shirt .......ahem.........IF YOU DON'T PVA YOUR G**.......(y)

I used a pallet of pure on a job in Highbury,nice gear too, unifinish is nicer to use but the cost is prohibitive. Anyone use dura on a regular basis ?

Perhaps should be treated like insulated board? Put it on, then smack some big fixings into it.

Sounds reasonable (y).
Then for a top drawer level 5 finish clad over the top with some 12.5mm plasterboard and just to be sure top off with a couple of mm of board finish and the jobs a good un.
o_O

I used a pallet of pure on a job in Highbury,nice gear too, unifinish is nicer to use but the cost is prohibitive. Anyone use dura on a regular basis ?

Agree completely the Pure is a great finish to use.
Used a fair amount of dura finish on both board and on hardwall.
Wouldn't be my first choice of skim if I'm honest.
For the best results i found it best to knock it up then leave sitting for 5 mins or so then whisk it again, 2 even tight coats.
The first coat flat 2nd coat flatter and as little water as possible.

Been on forum for a few years, that t**t Flynny bores me to tears,
Then there’s tall Danny he’s such a Fanny.

My mate in Ireland makes me laugh, he’s always bigging up s**t Knauf

Then there’s the big Render Dons ,
Really there Ladies in thongs

They talk about Parex as if it’s the bomb,
But deep down inside they know Vimarks the One.

Last edited:

Really there Benders in thongs

Keep going what you think of the rest of us :hola:

On about saying what people think about eachother. Me and a good friend had an honesty hour telling eachother what bugs us most about one another. We called it off after 10mins. It started quite civil you leave your flat brush in the water etc... then the personal slagging off started haha. We called It off before a good friendship ended in fisty cuffs. Beware of honesty hour

On about saying what people think about eachother. Me and a good friend had an honesty hour telling eachother what bugs us most about one another. We called it off after 10mins. It started quite civil you leave your flat brush in the water etc... then the personal slagging off started haha. We called It off before a good friendship ended in fisty cuffs. Beware of honesty hour
Yeah me and Ni have done that, We normally get along like a house on fire, then we annoy the s**t out of each other then we combat it by having a pub meeting... everyone's besties in the pub! :birras:

Yeah me and Ni have done that, We normally get along like a house on fire, then we annoy the s**t out of each other then we combat it by having a pub meeting... everyone's besties in the pub! :birras:
I bet she has other ideas to sort out your differences ?? :eek: :frio:

images
Enjoy.

Really there Ladies in thongs

What's your favourite plasterboard to use again???? Lol