The big launch (2)

tapit

""plasterers Beadfix tape" is now available to pre order.

Attachments

• 20210123_153148.jpg
    20210123_153148.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 152
It’s a PR disaster mate , plasterers are the hardest bunch , me personally think it’s a great idea though
As for the old school omg I can imagine them bemoaning about how to stick a bead on properly, we are so far behind it’s untrue
Good luck

Can I ask a deadly serious question.
what’s the thinking/reason for the holes?
The holes allow the plaster to bond through to the wall rather than just sitting on top of the tape. Also the holes allow the tape to expand or contract as the plaster dries. The holes stop the tape from getting air bubbles trapped underneath as well.

Your soo determined for your s**t tape lol. Don’t get it. It’s such a crap idea
The spreads who have tried free samples are now buying it, they are however mainly the younger guys but that is not a bad thing.

It’s a PR disaster mate , plasterers are the hardest bunch , me personally think it’s a great idea though
As for the old school omg I can imagine them bemoaning about how to stick a bead on properly, we are so far behind it’s untrue
Good luck
It's a fantastic success already and a PR triumph, check for yourself.

Attachments

• 20210126_204302.jpg
    20210126_204302.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 234
The holes allow the plaster to bond through to the wall rather than just sitting on top of the tape. Also the holes allow the tape to expand or contract as the plaster dries. The holes stop the tape from getting air bubbles trapped underneath as well.
What’s the tape made from then if it can expand and contract? I’m genuinely intrigued
What’s the chance of the skimming shelling off the tape once it’s dry?

What’s the tape made from then if it can expand and contract? I’m genuinely intrigued
What’s the chance of the skimming shelling off the tape once it’s dry?
The exact same chance of it shelling off a metal or plastic bead, hence the holes.

Ok
So what’s it made from?
And what’s the advantage of using this tape over left over skim or clout nails?
It's main use was envisaged to be for overskims where a clout would bost corners off. nothing wrong with using gear but this option takes less skill so may save on labour costs. The guys who have trialled it are finding loads of different uses. fixing shadow beads on metal studwork instead of screwing which leaves a protruding screw head. fitting beads to carrier boards, fitting beads to insulation board around Velux windows, the list goes on.

Last edited:
It's main use was envisaged to be for overskims where a clout would bost corners off. nothing wrong with using gear but this option takes less skill so may save on labour costs. The guys who have trialled it are finding loads of different uses. fixing shadow beads on metal studwork instead of screwing which leaves a protruding screw head. fitting beads to carrier boards, fitting beads to insulation around Velux windows, the list goes on.
That's what puts me off, how big is the test base to make your claims credible.

It's main use was envisaged to be for overskims where a clout would bost corners off. nothing wrong with using gear but this option takes less skill so may save on labour costs. The guys who have trialled it are finding loads of different uses. fixing shadow beads on metal studwork instead of screwing which leaves a protruding screw head. fitting beads to carrier boards, fitting beads to insulation board around Velux windows, the list goes on.
As Iv said all along, there is a place for it

That's what puts me off, how big is the test base to make your claims credible.
The only way for it to fail is if it does not stick in the first instance. once the plaster has gone off then the job is done. I have been testing it for years, it is now being tried in three colleges and i have sent out over a thousand samples of the new tape with no fails.

The only way for it to fail is if it does not stick in the first instance. once the plaster has gone off then the job is done. I have been testing it for years, it is now being tried in three colleges and i have sent out over a thousand samples of the new tape with no fails.
Send me a sample @ tapit

Who certifies your claims, anecdotal evidence and your confidence.