The All New Speedskim SF Demo

Members online

Just for the demo I think he should have used multi it's a good video , work looks neat , but most plasterers will never have used spray finish and can't get the jist of how it looks finished.

Just for the demo I think he should have used multi it's a good video , work looks neat , but most plasterers will never have used spray finish and can't get the jist of how it looks finished.
True, this one was basically to show the sf finishing plaster on a small area on an over skim,as close up as could get. The st plastic used to flatten and nearly get to finish before last trowel shown , keeping blade clean and slightly wet, hardly any water except at edges,skirts and ceiling line

Hpow is that any faster than a trowel
I find that though it might not be actually faster than a trowel for a given area, the pressure on the work is similar to when you Darby render, I am convinced that I can get it flatter and less marked easier than with a trowel, but for me the difference is in the change of muscles/tendons used to get the work flat.

Hpow is that any faster than a trowel
I find that though it might not be actually faster than a trowel for a given area, the pressure on the work is similar to when you Darby render, I am convinced that I can get it flatter and less marked easier than with a trowel, but for me the difference is in the change of muscles/tendons used to get the work flat

To be honest gave up on spats and speedskims when i got used to 18" trowels.
That's what I mean mate, I have found that with a big trowel when trying to go fast, I am liable to get a judder on the work if I don't have a real hard grip (that's when it hurts me), I can get a shift on with a speedy with less wear on the wrist and shoulder, so I'm in.

That's what I mean mate, I have found that with a big trowel when trying to go fast, I am liable to get a judder on the work if I don't have a real hard grip (that's when it hurts me), I can get a shift on with a speedy with less wear on the wrist and shoulder, so I'm in.

My days of rushing around are well behind me.
I used speeds and spats for years ...they slow me down on house bashing ...to many points to work around....no good on reveals.. washing angles.. bad timber work..s**t dabbing ..cupboards showers kitchens etc.
+ its another tool i cant be arsed looking after !!!!

Use the trowel flatter

I find that though it might not be actually faster than a trowel for a given area, the pressure on the work is similar to when you Darby render, I am convinced that I can get it flatter and less marked easier than with a trowel, but for me the difference is in the change of muscles/tendons used to get the work flat

For us, the Speedskim System is primarily to benefit Plasterers by reducing unnecessary and damaging repetitive fatigue, which for most in the game is a massive issue.
Its an individual craft and some Plasterers will prefer to use the trowel throughout.
In our opinion using our System ST combined with New SF, enhances and accelerates the work, while reducing (in some cases removing altogether) typical daily aches and pains ;-)

True, this one was basically to show the sf finishing plaster on a small area on an over skim,as close up as could get. The st plastic used to flatten and nearly get to finish before last trowel shown , keeping blade clean and slightly wet, hardly any water except at edges,skirts and ceiling line
Started using mine today I've preserved with it as kept having a go and found leaving drags marks so I was throwing out the way n carried on with blue plastic so I used it today on shitty old wall got a great finish but I at to lash the water at the wall to stop any drag But it came up sound and nearly blemish free does it need to break in a bit more or should I leave the work longer ?

Started using mine today I've preserved with it as kept having a go and found leaving drags marks so I was throwing out the way n carried on with blue plastic so I used it today on shitty old wall got a great finish but I at to lash the water at the wall to stop any drag But it came up sound and nearly blemish free does it need to break in a bit more or should I leave the work longer ?
Take st as far as you can mate I only add water to edges but keep plenty of water to sf blade as using it , always keeping super clean and wet, hope that helps
Does wear in as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I spray the wall with a mist of water prior to using the speedy, seems to work for me, I don't overwork the plaster, leave a good while between "speedings".