Terrible job- Webber monocouche

Members online

shoddyjob

Hi Everyone. I’m having serious problems with my renderer!! & was hoping for some advice/opinions. So, old house has been knocked back to brick & new extension block work, all to be rendered. The join onto next doors house is just shocking!! He said it wasn’t possible to use a stop bead! He said he’s going to put a strip of silicone down & touch up next doors line with paint! I’m sure he could have used a stop bead?
he decided not to render above my front door, as he didn’t think I wanted it done!! Wtf. The front section needed boarding as it wasn’t secure, he told me he’s done the front in cement boards & sides in OSB, there is major leakage coming through one side? I imagine it’s due to the OSB? There are now also 3 hairline cracks on the front? he hasn’t been for weeks & keeps fobbing me off with excuses. He’s come & taken my bags of render (which I’ve paid for!) as he said they got wet. But my guess is that he has stolen them!! We are now in the 8th week!! Ive paid £3200 out of £7500. They haven’t touched the back of my house!
so really, my main question is, how can the join be fixed to next doors to create a neat straight line. The bit that is seaping through, how can this fixed? & what could it be? The cracks, how can that be fixed? We are at such a loss. We are probably going to have to pay someone else to finish & fix their mess!! I’m furious. I want some of my money back & my materials replaced!!

Attachments

• 9D49D58A-4ACD-4838-AE1A-2C428F5B3A04.jpeg
    9D49D58A-4ACD-4838-AE1A-2C428F5B3A04.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 426
  • DDAFB751-01D5-4050-A38A-420B35BC6A47.jpeg
    DDAFB751-01D5-4050-A38A-420B35BC6A47.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 414
  • DD5EF4FD-56BA-4C52-BCD9-3E86128CC171.jpeg
    DD5EF4FD-56BA-4C52-BCD9-3E86128CC171.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 381
  • BA63020F-5286-413D-B1C9-D25B42C30869.jpeg
    BA63020F-5286-413D-B1C9-D25B42C30869.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 356
  • 965D1928-E2F6-48A3-8813-AF7B2389337B.jpeg
    965D1928-E2F6-48A3-8813-AF7B2389337B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 332
  • 9E1C6C10-D651-4BA7-918D-D2A3116144E2.jpeg
    9E1C6C10-D651-4BA7-918D-D2A3116144E2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 425
I personally would use a wizzer and get a nice line then put a bead on if needed it does look untidy how its been left and even worse as it different colours.
Were did you get it from??

Real breakdown of a relationship here unfortunately,
Others might disagree on here but I think it’s best you just move on to get another renderer in to finish the rest and forget about the money

the line could of been cut straight using a angle grinder then stop bead.

the overall finish doesnt look too bad.

osb... bid no no.

why is there a bead under a lead line on front of your house. and its timber? shouldnt render on timber.

Real breakdown of a relationship here unfortunately,
Others might disagree on here but I think it’s best you just move on to get another renderer in to finish the rest and forget about the money
That’s what we probably have to do. But how can he get away with doing that to us & robbing our materials. Why should I have to pay more because of his terrible job?

the line could of been cut straight using a angle grinder then stop bead.

the overall finish doesnt look too bad.

osb... bid no no.

why is there a bead under a lead line on front of your house. and its timber? shouldnt render on timber.
Because he bloody left the led on! & now it’s too late to take it off. Clearly I wanted it fully rendered all over. This is how it looked once the old render had been taken off..

Attachments

• BD3F0E72-B9B0-46EF-9174-B769ED55082F.jpeg
    BD3F0E72-B9B0-46EF-9174-B769ED55082F.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 185
That’s what we probably have to do. But how can he get away with doing that to us & robbing our materials. Why should I have to pay more because of his terrible job?
He shouldn’t should he, as your aware, you want to be taking it up with him. You are where you are with it, it’s a shoddy job thus far carried out by someone that doesn’t know what there doing. There’s nothing no one on here can do for it is there.

Last edited:
Do you think that is possible to fix it?
Personally the only thing to do is cut your side down with a nice new diamond wizzar blade which will be level then repair your neighbours side with a stop bead and make sure your side is taped and masked so it doesnt get any render on your side absoloute nightmare really how hes done it..
Again you should be speaking to him...

Personally the only thing to do is cut your side down with a nice new diamond wizzar blade which will be level then repair your neighbours side with a stop bead and make sure your side is taped and masked so it doesnt get any render on your side absoloute nightmare really how hes done it..
Again you should be speaking to him...
How do you think it's right that more of the neighbours render should be removed to accommodate a stop bead? It's not their bloody fault or problem.
The whole job looks an absolute abortion and I'd want the lot removed and redone by someone decent.

How do you think it's right that more of the neighbours render should be removed to accommodate a stop bead? It's not their bloody fault or problem.
The whole job looks an absolute abortion and I'd want the lot removed and redone by someone decent.
I dont think thats going to happen is it hes asked me can it be fixed... I f you read it properly ive said to cut his krend back not loose the neighbours half if anything the neighbour would gain slightly youre acting like its going to be a massive amount... I personally wouldnt have it but this guy seems to have taken the p that much hes only going to have a simple choice of taking him to small claims i dont no if thats the root he wants to go.. Time will tell what excuses he gives

Hi Everyone. I’m having serious problems with my renderer!! & was hoping for some advice/opinions. So, old house has been knocked back to brick & new extension block work, all to be rendered. The join onto next doors house is just shocking!! He said it wasn’t possible to use a stop bead! He said he’s going to put a strip of silicone down & touch up next doors line with paint! I’m sure he could have used a stop bead?
he decided not to render above my front door, as he didn’t think I wanted it done!! Wtf. The front section needed boarding as it wasn’t secure, he told me he’s done the front in cement boards & sides in OSB, there is major leakage coming through one side? I imagine it’s due to the OSB? There are now also 3 hairline cracks on the front? he hasn’t been for weeks & keeps fobbing me off with excuses. He’s come & taken my bags of render (which I’ve paid for!) as he said they got wet. But my guess is that he has stolen them!! We are now in the 8th week!! Ive paid £3200 out of £7500. They haven’t touched the back of my house!
so really, my main question is, how can the join be fixed to next doors to create a neat straight line. The bit that is seaping through, how can this fixed? & what could it be? The cracks, how can that be fixed? We are at such a loss. We are probably going to have to pay someone else to finish & fix their mess!! I’m furious. I want some of my money back & my materials replaced!!
Who ever knocked it off should have grinded a straight line down first instead of doing a s**t job and did you and the renderer talk through the job about what you wanted the joint looks terrible but the rest looks absolutely fine
People doing this type of job need to have a good look around and talk to the customer about any detail there not sure about

Because he bloody left the led on! & now it’s too late to take it off. Clearly I wanted it fully rendered all over. This is how it looked once the old render had been taken off..
At least he never nicked the Lead as well.