tapit , and tapit tape

Members online

Why is everyone having a go at him for trying something new... I can see this being very handy on s&c walls were there are a nightmare to get anything in.. Or that crumbling corner which can be a pain in the ass... I agree staples on board are ideal or a good clout on most walls.. But could see that awkward stopbead over hanging your head were a staple not having it or a clout im sure weve all been there..
So good on him for trying this trades hard enough.

Why would anyone use tape instead of staples, onto board?

That's crazy, even for someone who loves your tape.
Because it holds the beads firmer. It's easier to use and no ppe is needed. Staples into plasterboard has always been an inefficient method and results in huge amounts of expensive snagging work. It is cheap though.

Why is everyone having a go at him for trying something new... I can see this being very handy on s&c walls were there are a nightmare to get anything in.. Or that crumbling corner which can be a pain in the ass... I agree staples on board are ideal or a good clout on most walls.. But could see that awkward stopbead over hanging your head were a staple not having it or a clout im sure weve all been there..
So good on him for trying this trades hard enough.
The guys a prick so couldn't care less as am I.. Read his past posts can't take positive criticism

Because it holds the beads firmer. It's easier to use and no ppe is needed. Staples into plasterboard has always been an inefficient method and results in huge amounts of expensive snagging work. It is cheap though.

I'll concede about no need for safety glasses, but I can't take seriously any of your other points :endesacuerdo:

Ye not stappling it right then. And that's coming from someone who hated stapples at first but once you get your sights set with it ,it can't be beat

Ye not stappling it right then. And that's coming from someone who hated stapples at first but once you get your sights set with it ,it can't be beat
what staple gun you got? mine got no sight just a silencer.

Thank You Sign Pro Wrestling GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING
poster flyer GIF by Signaturee Entertainment

what staple gun you got? mine got no sight just a silencer.

Being serious for a moment, I use a DeWalt staple gun, but Stanley do one with protruding prongs (AKA cable guide) that show exactly where the staple is going to fire.

Last edited:
Being serious for a moment, I use a DeWalt staple gun, but Stanley do one with protruding prongs that show exactly where the staple is going to fire.
I was using them myself for twenty years, got nothing against them, quick and cheap.

Staple guide for using a staple gun..oh my days.should be able to fire it where it needs to go blind ffs

See the tape being used quite a lot over here at the mo I remember him getting roasted before about it on here and then my boss brought them in day I was surprised to be fair we use them alot on refurbs blue grit where can't get nail in put little bits of across the bead I've tried yanking it off on purpose working down onto the bead alittle harder as I didn't trust them at first but can't fault them but there always last resort and never going to be better than nails biting into timber .