Tanking slurry and internal render

Shaid

Hi all,

I need some advice regarding some internal rendering.
Row of houses on my block has alot of rising damp.
I peeled off all the plaster, removed subfloor, cleaned area under floor, removed bricks and added damp proof membrane, used tanking slurry about half way up the wall and replaced subfloor.
Whilst rendering the walls with sand cement 4 to 1. The bottom half where I used tanking slurry all peeled away. I have no idea why . I pva'd the wall well. So I have peeled the bottom half of render again and was going to give it another shot. Any advice as to how I can do it differently?

No, the tanking slurry was well adhered but the render that I applied ontop of the tanking slurry had not adhered to the tanking slurry felt hollow behind render so I had to take the render off. Hope that makes sense

So the tanking slurry has peeled?
No, the tanking slurry was well adhered but the render that I applied ontop of the tanking slurry had not adhered to the tanking slurry felt hollow behind render so I had to take the render off. Hope that makes sense

Try throwing it on with a shovel to aid adhesion then rule off flat with a spirit level
Post pics when done

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Has anyone rendered over tanking slurry in the past? Did you come across any issues? I think I will try SBR. As limelight is alittle out of budget

limelite over tanking is my preferred option

Does not slump like sand Cement does (tanking stops any suction )

Best to use a renovating plaster like that suggested above, however if you are still going with the render, dampen surface of tanking slurry and prime with SBR and cement with some sharp sand thrown in for good measure.

Best to use a renovating plaster like that suggested above, however if you are still going with the render, dampen surface of tanking slurry and prime with SBR and cement with some sharp sand thrown in for good measure.
Thanks JML. After priming do I need to wait for it to dry?

I've got a job starting soon that will involve tanking the walls and re plastering. Haven't used the limelight plaster before, may try it on this job. What thickness can it be layed on to? And I'm assuming you just devil float like sand and cement and skim over?

1. Use Limelite primer first
2. Max about 15 mm thick - leave to dry if going thicker
3. Limelite Finish...breathable substrate :)

What's that like to work with mate?
Limelight is nice to work with and as said if you need to thicken out dub in stages and use limelight high impact finish trowels up nice very sticky but really trowel the s**t out of it on last couple of trowels and comes up lovely! No flexy b*ll***s needs hard troweling!

It's fine but if it's due to damp your using limelite then I would sponge finish it rather than trowel as this leaves open texture (same as lime finish)

Does take longer to go off than multi...

Hi thanks for your advice guys. I used the cement sharp sand sbr mix primer and rendered with sand cement with additive ontop. Seems to have done the trick. Looks solid.
15715742930598923280732993848632.jpg

Use a tyrol gun with a 3in1 sand cement mix before applying any render on tanking works a treat, you have to let it go off over night though. Only use sbr with sand and cement pva no good hope this helps.