Stud walls.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 23452

Just wondering how many of you build the timber (or metal) studs as well as doing the boarding and skimming? Domestic I suppose as I guess it's still first fix chippies for timber studs on site?

I rarely see a chippie on site, only for 2nd fix, studs get done by labourers, when I can I do my own, depends on what agreed.
Usual setup around here is, 1 builder handful of labourers and they do what the builder says be that good or bad

Just built an 8m long stud wall in a garage on Thursday, breather membrane, insulation and osb sheathing.

I do studwork, insulation, boarding etc quite often. Don't do pipes or cables tho don't want any flooding or fire'

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bought not brought. Brought is past tense of bring.
I went to the shop and bought some bananas. I then brought them home :hola::inocente:
He may be saying that he 'brought ' the laser,same as saying he ,brought his labourer with him, you'll need to contextually analyse it before comment x

He may be saying that he 'brought ' the laser,same as saying he ,brought his labourer with him, you'll need to contextually analyse it before comment x
You know that’s not true. You’re just trying to outsmart someone who’s being a smart arse.

Well this will turn into another let’s hate vincey thread as he will rate laser he got and others will disagree

I shall disagree pagey. We love Vincey and whatever idea or product is selling we will support him. Even if is shite:D

Vince is a forum legend. He’ll be remembered on here for years for his passion for all things plaster.
He told me his sofa is made from bags of unifinish and his middle name is Gypsum. He’s even got a suit made from empty plaster bags! :coffe:

I prefer 4x2 timber studs , done loads of em quicker than trusting others to do em right or hanging about for someone else to fanny about holding me up.

Swarty always told it how it was, a real straightshooter . Forum legend

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1508013004.860861.jpg