Stud wall spacing at 502 centre

Members online

doogal

Hi,
I have a stud wall with four uprights incl. corner studs. One is at 450 centre from the one corner/edge but after that, the others are at 502 centre. Is this going to be a problem for the PB given the recommended maximum centre is 450 from British Gypsum?

I’m using 1800x900 12.5 wallboard. it will fit without joins along the entire wall at horizontal. (I can’t get the larger size PB up the stairs and into the room, so no choice here.) The other side of the stud wall is the bathroom, so there is PB attached to that side already as well as the shower and the mixer, which I don’t want to disturb.

I’m OK putting in noggins to carry the outer edges of the PB at horizontal, but will the 502 centres be adequate/passable for the vertical spacing of the studs?

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a stud wall with four uprights incl. corner studs. One is at 450 centre from the one corner/edge but after that, the others are at 502 centre. Is this going to be a problem for the PB given the recommended maximum centre is 450 from British Gypsum?

I’m using 1800x900 12.5 wallboard. it will fit without joins along the entire wall at horizontal. (I can’t get the larger size PB up the stairs and into the room, so no choice here.) The other side of the stud wall is the bathroom, so there is PB attached to that side already as well as the shower and the mixer, which I don’t want to disturb.

I’m OK putting in noggins to carry the outer edges of the PB at horizontal, but will the 502 centres be adequate/passable for the vertical spacing of the studs?
I use nothing less than 600 centres when using 12.5mm board but I have been called a maverick.

while your there andy I was looking at your web sight photos some nice work with the panelled features is the staff bead ?moulded insitu or something stuck on
That's very nice of you to say Norm. All the panelled rendering is done insitu. I used to do acres of it, but haven't been asked to for ages.