Storing trowels?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering how everyone stores their trowels in a way that they don't get trashed when traveling around? I know some just rest them on the edges of buckets inside vans, but as I don't have a van and only carry a toolbag around this isn't very practical.

I'm hoping that maybe there might be an anorak or two out there who have devised some clever trowel protector or something that they are willing to share? :rolleyes) I've seen some people using page binders around the edges of trowels, but surely the surface of the trowel can still get damaged?

Some have cases with foam shaped for the trowels,to sit in, mine travel in slots at the side of the back of my van..

Here's the method that John mentions:

trowels1.jpeg

Get a van!:RpS_cool:

Hah, I would love to get a van. But I'm not at the stage where I can afford one yet. Plus can't decide on whether to get a pink one or not! :rolleyes)

That is a pretty sweet case though, although I'm not sure I want to look like an assassin whilst walking about with two briefcases!

I just use mine, then wipe them ,and spray them with Wd40 then put them in the bucket never had a problem .........

Mine rides in the front of the van, the case thing is nothing short of pretentious shite, probably from people that don't plaster or render full time - I use two trowels - one to render, one to skim - one or the other arrives at the job in a bucket, complete with splash, brush,sponge,pointer and variety of small tools, etc to complete job.

Mine rides in the front of the van, the case thing is nothing short of pretentious shite, probably from people that don't plaster or render full time - I use two trowels - one to render, one to skim - one or the other arrives at the job in a bucket, complete with splash, brush,sponge,pointer and variety of small tools, etc to complete job.

i have the same sandwiches every week, I still nail me boards up why use those fancy drill things, fish on a Friday, roast on a Sunday and Christmas, birthdays and valentines day what a waste of money! :RpS_cool:

Jasper is the same as the biggest percentage of us,we'll over ninety percent of us have little or no pretensions,turn up, bang it on,finish ,clean and away home.

Hah, I would love to get a van. But I'm not at the stage where I can afford one yet. Plus can't decide on whether to get a pink one or not! :rolleyes)

That is a pretty sweet case though, although I'm not sure I want to look like an assassin whilst walking about with two briefcases!

Gotta be better than lookin like the window cleaner ;)

Shocking! Think minh has been using you? Getting you on board,design etc,:RpS_unsure: ...... What's going on Minh???

I carry my trowel on my hip in a carved sheath made from viking whale bone and crytalised jedi spunk.

But then i do take my job very seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.