Stop beads against window frame

FreeD

Private Member
I'd like to try and speed up masking and finishing window reveals so considering stop beading against the frame.

Any tips on transferring the line of the bead to the frame? My beads are not always level if the frame is out.

Was thinking to use a green laser with pendulum lock.

I'd like to try and speed up masking and finishing window reveals so considering stop beading against the frame.

Any tips on transferring the line of the bead to the frame? My beads are not always level if the frame is out.

You off early Alzheimer's thinking of s*** like that at quarter past 1 Sunday morning,
F*** that it's a Stupid idea anyway!

Go to bed

You off early Alzheimer's thinking of s*** like that at quarter past 1 Sunday morning,
F*** that it's a Stupid idea anyway!

Forgot my login details this morning! :sick:

Anyway I don't think it is such a bad idea...green laser...project the line of the bead on the frame then tape the frame or stop bead.

Any other methods?

How is that going to speed it up all that faff would put anothe £300 on the bill

Don't think it will...once the frame is beaded it will be quick to render the reveals...then quick to silicone and clean up.

I spend way too much time masking...re masking at the moment.

Nice finish round the windows makes the job...better to spend more time on this if anything.

Don't think it will...once the frame is beaded it will be quick to render the reveals...then quick to silicone and clean up.

I spend way too much time masking...re masking at the moment.

Nice finish round the windows makes the job...better to spend more time on this if anything.
Crack on then!
You're on about saving time, it takes me no more than 5 mins to mask & bead a window, don't need to remask, finishes nicer than the edge of a stop bead against the window profile.

Has anyone got any photos of stop beads or bellcasts against window frames (before rendering)!

Thank you!

beacause i sometimes found it hard to keep.the whole of the stopbead sat against the frame. (sometimes found 1mm gap or so if anything not flat or square).

with a bell only the front couple of mm sits on frame and you can twist bead to suit

Have you ever had any issues with cracking? particularly on South facing elevations (if bead is very close to frame)

Also do you fix the bell casts first and get the margin around the window and then fix the corner beads and line them up with the bells?

The company we work for always want the reveals with a stop bead against the window. We don't mind it as it doubles the linear metre price for beading each window.

The company we work for always want the reveals with a stop bead against the window. We don't mind it as it doubles the linear metre price for beading each window.

Do you butt them up to the frame or leave a small expansion gap?

Do you butt them up to the frame or leave a small expansion gap?
When going over blockwork we leave a gap for mastic, when going over insulation we use a bead from sto that acts as the mastic line. Sure they are called perfect seal beads. The ones you attach the window protection to then they snap off

Doesn’t everyone silicon an exterior window anyway?
Use a square and set it off youre angle bead, funny as f**k a laser bless :aburrido::LOL::LOL:

I've got to admit that you are very consistent. I can't think of any other member who talks utter b*ll***s on such a wide variety of subjects.
Well done.
Most render only reveals, are less than 50mm have to chop the wings down, so that means doing it twice, and then sitting wing on top of wing, not good, beading each window twice,
it gets sealed anyhow, so you can't tell, unless you're cag handed an can't get it straight, just a lengthy process.

I'd like to try and speed up masking and finishing window reveals so considering stop beading against the frame,
he said!!