STO!!!!!

barmyuk

lads, got a doorway to render once blocked up with concrete blocks, looked in the building manual and existing render is STO through colour with 3 different batch numbers!! any idea where you can purchase this from as im not familiar with it!! also not sure what product is on the walls as manual doesnt tell me!! info needed chaps please!!

IMG_0362.jpg
WP_20151202_002.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg WP_20151202_002.jpg IMG_0362.jpg WP_20151202_002.jpg IMG_0362.jpg WP_20151202_002.jpg

Dash the f**k*r with 6mm granite and paint it blue. It won't look any worse than a new patch with original gear, as far as I'm aware you need a card to buy Sto and it ain't cheap.

I've never done any rendering, mainly cause its mostly dashing where I'm from. But it is becoming more popular now, i've always said I don't do it when asked to do it because i'm worried it wouldn't turn out right. But the majority of jobs people leave turn out not much better than that picture its shocking really, and what's worse people I speak to think it looks great!

The product is stolit probably k1.5 other manufacturers do similar products it is a silicon based material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that stuff never patch's in very well.! maybe make a feature panel and use some product you can get hold of yourself?

Patch it with 1.5 then put something like 311 over the lot, only looks a small area, or just find the ral code of the original colour blue.
I'd be more worried about the cracks in it to the frame that are holding water aswell.

Thanks lads, got the product and the colour sorted, going to put a stop bead around the existing render once the door frame is out and its blocked up, will stand out but not half as bad then when it cracked and then water gets behind, no matter what i do it will be wrong to someone, atleast this way provides longevity, only 1.6x1.0 awful job tbh!!!

The product is stolit probably k1.5 other manufacturers do similar products it is a silicon based material

Dave I got a sto applicators card through the company I used to work for, when I left they kept it, do you know if Sto keep records and whether it has to be renewed?

I would speak with someone like Tom Hill at Sto they always did keep records but unsure if they still do so as things have changed since I was there