Stitched up

Least you know what started problem
The tenants were scum with massive Tv's PlayStation etc drinking beer at 8am smoking drugs etc at the tax payers expense it made me angry. I did f**k a couple of the single mum's tho so not all bad

I spent my first two years mixing sand cement and hardwall and picked up a bit of skimming, after four years I could float and render to an average standard, after six years I was coving and boarding ceilings on my own. My apprenticeship was shite, two years labouring when I was meant to be learning. In the end I had to go self employed to actually learn anything. Young lads get used for cheap labour Normally, the guy said himself he could have given him an extra £10 a day but decided not to, also no mention of a company van or owt? I was driving around in my little Renault 5 being sent to do jobs on my own. Definitely you have to start at the bottom labouring etc but you need a bit of trowel time and proper training too, three years and this lad can only skim two bags a day? What sort of training is that? If the lad was a waste of space he would have been sacked not leave on his own accord?
Yea maybe he should be a bit further ahead but the first two years he was useless and I almost sacked him but he was a good labourer and he said he wanted to stick at it. Then he got to about 18 and got a bit better. He told me he just likes skimming jobs, so that’s what I put him on. Gave him a labourer as well so he could do more and offered him van but he said he didn’t want it as I asked him to pay towards the insurance.

Yea maybe he should be a bit further ahead but the first two years he was useless and I almost sacked him but he was a good labourer and he said he wanted to stick at it. Then he got to about 18 and got a bit better. He told me he just likes skimming jobs, so that’s what I put him on. Gave him a labourer as well so he could do more and offered him van but he said he didn’t want it as I asked him to pay towards the insurance.
Was his mum worth f**k**g??

I like doing 'different' stuff now but I earned my money doing acres of bog standard repetitive F&S, and I'm glad I did.
I earned mine doing it all but I am glad I am near retirement now with all these so called new things about. I still think that if you properly know the trade you will be alright.

Unfortunately no Jess, was a nice lad but after a few months became unreliable so we had to part company, I'm on my own again now which I think I probably prefer
Ah well you gave him a chance in a time of need. Shame he couldn't find it in himself

Ah well you gave him a chance in a time of need. Shame he couldn't find it in himself
Think he was in a better place after than before but at the end of the day I have a business to run and booking work for two people and him not turning at times was making it hard. The last time I spoke to him he said his grandad had a stroke and he was off till further notice...I understood but can't book work that way

Think he was in a better place after than before but at the end of the day I have a business to run and booking work for two people and him not turning at times was making it hard. The last time I spoke to him he said his grandad had a stroke and he was off till further notice...I understood but can't book work that way
I'm all for helping deserving people but it's your money and reputation at the end of the day so fair enough bud

You should have f**k*d him in the bum mate hard ...... really hard

No one stopped what they were doing to teach me. I had to be fast enough to make some spare time to be able to watch, learn and then jump in and do bits. No mean feat, if I say so myself, labouring on two guys throwing S&C up the walls.
By making it too easy you're just encouraging the useless, lazy carrots out there.
If someone really wants it they'll do it.

Agree with that :D

All my plasterers wanted was a good reliable labourer... they did not want another plasterer as they would then need another labourer...

Probably scared of you!!
IMG_20171022_150822.jpg

Like I'm f**k**g scary lol

Had a lad who’s been eorking for us since school phone me today to say he’s got another job after 3 years.
Put him through college, bough him kit, gave him holiday pay! Probably only been any good the last 6 months and the slight whiff of a bit more £££ and he’s gone. Didn’t even come and see me to chat about more money etc. where’s the loyalty gone with the youth of today!
I wouldn't worry about it to much as there is very little you can do about it but one if two things are for sure, he will either realise just how good he had it with you or he will never look back. As for the jung kids of today, they are very fickle.

This is very true but prospects are far more important this is what young kids miss

And what prospects would they be, he has seen an opportunity to earn more money and better himself, it’s not like he has gone from working at Tesco’s to the corner shop.

Fortune favours the brave, good luck to the lad I say.

And what prospects would they be, he has seen an opportunity to earn more money and better himself, it’s not like he has gone from working at Tesco’s to the corner shop.

Fortune favours the brave, good luck to the lad I say.
I’m not saying he should work for us forever. But there’s way of doing things. After putting I’m through college and teaching him a trade I just expected him to come speak to us first if he was unhappy not just say I’m not monday!!
Anyway not the first and won’t be the last lol

I’m not saying he should work for us forever. But there’s way of doing things. After putting I’m through college and teaching him a trade I just expected him to come speak to us first if he was unhappy not just say I’m not monday!!
Anyway not the first and won’t be the last lol
One hundred percent shouldn't have just f**k*d off, has to be a degree of loyalty, should at least said if he was considering leaving etc as someone's said, Someone likely been in his ear, promising him this n that etc, if as u say he can only put a couple bags on a day atm, he could be let go again unless he learns quickly....