Sticky one !

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
The lads have been on the phone again..

OI boss!! this scrim you give us is @~#** !! , . Of coarse providing good materials to the work force and buying in at good prices is a fine line.We have had them all, some scrims that stuck superbly, did not do so well 2 months later ?? others didnt even last a minute on the wall.:RpS_mad:

Any body here brought any excellent scrim lately, and from whom ??

Thanks and happy spreading
:RpS_biggrin:

Mark

Actually, that is quite funny..

I have had quite a few subbies work for me over the years, and I am not nieve in knowing that they sly away a few rolls here and there. I always made sure I gave them the scrim that did not stick so well, so it was less likely to grow legs :RpS_w00t:

Silver scrim is the dogs, I pvad a ceiling the other day and forgot to scrim a crack so rather than bed it in the first coat like I would with s**t scrim I tried sticking it onto wet pva and it stuck

i always got the good stuff not that nieve eather :RpS_thumbup: the s**t stuff needs to be stapled to make sure it stays up for the day after just another little trick :RpS_sneaky:

Mark we've had the same problem it's hard work A gust of wind takes some of it down tbh if I was on price withe the s**t ive been using I would've ****** off its that's bad honest

superscrim!!! it's cheap and fantastic. i buy boxes of it repeatedly!!!!!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING TP OR JEWSON PROVIDE. Absolute bag of wank!!!

Fcucking hell, Scrim, boring, boring, boring, how the hell can you have a conversation about scrim

Aye, BUT lucius ole son, how boring is it when your scrim is fraying to fuk and not sticking to fuk all? eh? eh? eh? :RpS_laugh:

Be honest i rarely get a problem with it other than fraying and i use whatever ime given the best stuff ive ever used was in Ozz it it was yellow and a bit thicker than what we get.Bored now.

I have to admit that following lots of swearing and wasted time with scrim - i just use anything half way sticky and staple it - job done

Little tip if you want to scrim the night before once you scrim it run a wet brush over it it seems to reactivate the glue and it will hold for day or two if scrim your using is contractor s**t. dont get the board wet before you stick it though. Or just staple it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.