Sticky one !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
The lads have been on the phone again..

OI boss!! this scrim you give us is @~#** !! , . Of coarse providing good materials to the work force and buying in at good prices is a fine line.We have had them all, some scrims that stuck superbly, did not do so well 2 months later ?? others didnt even last a minute on the wall.:RpS_mad:

Any body here brought any excellent scrim lately, and from whom ??

Thanks and happy spreading
:RpS_biggrin:

Mark

Actually, that is quite funny..

I have had quite a few subbies work for me over the years, and I am not nieve in knowing that they sly away a few rolls here and there. I always made sure I gave them the scrim that did not stick so well, so it was less likely to grow legs :RpS_w00t:

Silver scrim is the dogs, I pvad a ceiling the other day and forgot to scrim a crack so rather than bed it in the first coat like I would with s**t scrim I tried sticking it onto wet pva and it stuck

i always got the good stuff not that nieve eather :RpS_thumbup: the s**t stuff needs to be stapled to make sure it stays up for the day after just another little trick :RpS_sneaky:

Mark we've had the same problem it's hard work A gust of wind takes some of it down tbh if I was on price withe the s**t ive been using I would've ****** off its that's bad honest

superscrim!!! it's cheap and fantastic. i buy boxes of it repeatedly!!!!!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING TP OR JEWSON PROVIDE. Absolute bag of wank!!!

Fcucking hell, Scrim, boring, boring, boring, how the hell can you have a conversation about scrim

Aye, BUT lucius ole son, how boring is it when your scrim is fraying to fuk and not sticking to fuk all? eh? eh? eh? :RpS_laugh:

Be honest i rarely get a problem with it other than fraying and i use whatever ime given the best stuff ive ever used was in Ozz it it was yellow and a bit thicker than what we get.Bored now.

I have to admit that following lots of swearing and wasted time with scrim - i just use anything half way sticky and staple it - job done

Little tip if you want to scrim the night before once you scrim it run a wet brush over it it seems to reactivate the glue and it will hold for day or two if scrim your using is contractor s**t. dont get the board wet before you stick it though. Or just staple it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.