Sticking flipping render beads on!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

shapeshifter

Anyone else have problems with this?

Using sand and cement is tricky to get them on there with out making a funcking mess, the to try and plumb them up without the funckers dropping off is impossible!!

Anyone use board adhesive? Surley it would be ok if its under 2 lays of render and a few coats of paint??

Sand and cement isint really sticky and gripfill is s**t if you have uneaven brickwork, you need a whole tube per bead, it seems to get a film over it as soon as its out in the fresh air.

I have the same prob with stainless or plastic beads.

Am i missing a trick here?? ???

get yourself any kind of modern bagged render like parex, krend, weber, see if you can pick up some dodgy colour
that someone has some bags left over from, or stuff that's just out of date for cheap. I use blue parex at the min for £4 a bag and it's good for quick beading

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wot a load of bo11ox. sounds like u need to do a different course mate. Try
The Advanced course in Plastering : Beads

irish_spread said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

theres always one. Plasterers forum.... thats what its for mate.
My rendering jobs are the nuts, just find putting beading on a pain in the arse, hence the question you re***d

shapeshifter said:
irish_spread said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

theres always one. Plasterers forum.... thats what its for mate.
My rendering jobs are the nuts, just find putting beading on a pain in the arse, hence the question you re***d

I note how eloquent you are. When rendering I tend to put up my beads with sand and cement, no mess.
I bow to your superior skills ;)

M<ust admit I hate putting beads up with sand and cement .... it has no strength when wet. HPX and similar you can stick up then push the beads in and out to suit ,,,a million times better

Gutted when I see posts like this, why ask for advice, abuse and
then say ur an expert ? . He'll (or she'll, sorry Sarah be a mod next ;) )

yep goodys right thistle bondings another ..........very good for engineering brick low suction etc ............ :)

If you scratch it first and use straight edges on all the external corners , then turn back and stick the beads there shouldn't be any probs .

stick em on wif bonding in or out for all u use lets u av time 2 set em right, av no probs over years. use,s up ur left overs

Sellotape. Sorry Danny, sticky back plaster is better than pink (northern) grip
I was told by the guy on Blue (grip) Peter

how much would it cost to bead a 4 bed house with grirfill??if you use portland cement,you use around 2-3 bags.about a tenner.as was said before,if you need to bring beads out,which is allways the case,how much gripfill would u need?10-15 tubes?

church said:
If you scratch it first and use straight edges on all the external corners , then turn back and stick the beads there shouldn't be any probs .
this is how it is done,the right way, some of these comments are a joke,if u use the right sand then its not a problem steve cov i would like to put a level up a bead that u put on with nails m8 ,as for sticking them up with plaster wtf :eek:

i never buy pink grip i allways over order it and the rest goes in the van but 1 tuve goes canny far i use 3 dabs per bead approx ;)

flat boy skim said:
church said:
this is how it is done,the right way, some of these comments are a joke,if u use the right sand then its not a problem steve cov i would like to put a level up a bead that u put on with nails m8 ,as for sticking them up with plaster wtf :eek:

i dont nail them on ;D

I use board adhesive, best stuff in the world.

And it never causes problems know matter what people claim might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.