Sterling downgraded from triple a rating

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
How will this affect our economy ,we are losing in value to dollar and euro, is that going to draw investors in to buy here but no one will want uk exports.?

yes, i am going to migrate to poland obtain polish citizenship and then migrate back to the UK so i get a job and lots of other things given to me.
Don't think the economy will contract enough to stop immigration ,do many here ever plan on migrating full time themselves?

How will this affect our economy ,we are losing in value to dollar and euro, is that going to draw investors in to buy here but no one will want uk exports.?

I think the weak pound makes exports cheaper but imports more expensive hence the cost of oil going up.

But as there is only Germany and Canada now with AAA rating we are no worse off than such as France and the USA. The USA is recovering a bit though, being patriotic to their flag they are buying Home produced merchandise and are starting to bring back the jobs they exported to the far east. We Brits are not that patriotic. Buy cheap and sod the factory worker here so long as I am alright Jack.

personally I do try and buy British if I can. Just bought 2 Bosch ovens that was built here. Got a Hotpoint washer and dishwasher that was built here. Tried to get a decent tv but the nearest was Slovakian so being EU that would do.

They say a pound used in 1982 is now worth 33p ,has your wages gone up threefold since then ? House prices is certainly the biggest leveller for all of us in the big cities anyway and the really nice areas

Status
Not open for further replies.