Started on My Own.!!

Members online

Leigh Austin

Evening gents, and ladies.!!!

Been plastering for 5 years now was taught the right way, laboured and worked my way up. Me and my old trainer agreed it was time too part ways (he didn’t wanna give me a pay rise) lol. 25 years old, in Kent, I run L A Plastering Services.

Just wanna ask what’s the best way to get myself busy, been on my own since January and only recently has it gone very quiet. Running out of ideas too look/accumulate new contacts/work. Any advice welcome.!!

Been plastering for 5 years now was taught the right way, laboured and worked my way up. Me and my old trainer agreed it was time too part ways (he didn’t wanna give me a pay rise) lol. 25 years old, in Kent, I run L A Plastering Services.

Just wanna ask what’s the best way to get myself busy, been on my own since January and only recently has it gone very quiet. Running out of ideas too look/accumulate new contacts/work. Any advice welcome.!!

ive been plastering for 3 years and my boss never gave me a pay rise.
so i run algeeman plastering and im out of work aswell.
im starting to think i should of listened to my old boss :(

ive been plastering for 3 years and my boss never gave me a pay rise.
so i run algeeman plastering and im out of work aswell.
im starting to think i should of listened to my old boss :(
I was thinking that, until I realised he was making more off of me than paying me lol . I started off well, just going through jobs that are all domestic so no need for continued work. Looking for that builder group who have the continued work.

I was thinking that, until I realised he was making more off of me than paying me lol . I started off well, just going through jobs that are all domestic so no need for continued work. Looking for that builder group who have the continued work.

theres a good plasterer/painter/labourer on here called @theclemo or @scottie5...
who only do domestic work.
sometimes @scottie5 just does a big wall at time but he gets good money.
@theclemo sometimes cant get out of bed but wednesnday he does and he gets good money.

and @johniosaif is good at sand and bricks.
and @JessThePlasterer is our mother.

What kind of jobs you want to do ? I take anything downstairs toilet artex over skim to full sized bungalow render or is builders work what you are after
:birra:

Just hard work, being young, people always go with the old guard as they’re tried and tested. I have social media pages and reviews and pictures etc but it’s all down to who you know. Just need them few contacts

What kind of jobs you want to do ? I take anything downstairs toilet artex over skim to full sized bungalow render or is builders work what you are after
:birra:
I’m not after anything specific mate, I’ll do overskim, don’t mind a bit of render, boarding, only thing I rather not do is float and set.

Not fussy mate, just want to show what I can do.

Ask at rental agencies (can be painful doing loads of quotes).
Ask at glazing companies (patching jobs).

I stopped doing work for rental agencies a few years ago as I kept getting stupidly undercut and late paid, but I still do work for a few of the landlords from back then, plus clients through those landlords etc.

Ask at rental agencies (can be painful doing loads of quotes).
Ask at glazing companies (patching jobs).

I stopped doing work for rental agencies a few years ago as I kept getting stupidly undercut and late paid, but I still do work for a few of the landlords from back then, plus clients through those landlords etc.
That’s a great shout mate, thank you

Just hard work, being young, people always go with the old guard as they’re tried and tested.

Nah I disagree with that... a good reputation whether you are young or old is good :D Dont go down the route for getting known for being cheap... that is a race to the bottom :D

Just be confident and spend time with the customer explaining and making them feel at ease...

Nah I disagree with that... a good reputation whether you are young or old is good :D Dont go down the route for getting known for being cheap... that is a race to the bottom :D

Just be confident and spend time with the customer explaining and making them feel at ease...
Don’t get me wrong few people are bothered by the age once they see the work. I’ll nevervunder price myself, I know my worth lol.

Spent too much time with one customer, got into a lot of trouble lol. I like to make sure they know what I do is exactly what they need. And also offer advice for the on going job.

theres a good plasterer/painter/labourer on here called @theclemo or @scottie5...
@theclemo sometimes cant get out of bed but wednesnday he does and he gets good money.

Not true, you're all a bunch of motherless scallywags!

Welcome @Leigh Austin

To be fair anyone running a business and employing people wants to make money off them. Good luck though! It's all about social media and online these days. Find building companies and ring round too.

Like the name LA Plastering! sounds , like, totally rad and west coast brah! :rock:

Go back to your boss and beg for your job back!

Now you've got no work be greatfull for all the years he kept you in work of course he was making money on you its business!
He didn’t want too keep me on as he’s getting on a bit. He’s doing the scheme he gets paid for teaching other having an apprentice. I was never ungrateful and he knows that. I could never speak a bad word about the guy!!

He didn’t want too keep me on as he’s getting on a bit. He’s doing the scheme he gets paid for teaching other having an apprentice. I was never ungrateful and he knows that. I could never speak a bad word about the guy!!

Fair enough pal!

Sink or swim time then!

Id approach other plasterer as an improver if i was you.

Good luck!

Set yourself up on google ads firstly its free second youve a good chance to showcase your work with pictures and things when someone types your area you come up on maps.
If you can avoid paying leads on sites like my builder all the better but its a good startoff base for developing and getting reccomendations.
They have breakfest clubs in many areas were all trades and different business meet up be good for you to get in.
Try adverts in shop windows.
Drop business cards to builders on extensions or even drop leaflets to peoples houses.
Theres loads of ways mate just got to be creative get of your ass theres plenty of work out there. Its very time consuming first setting up to be established so late days will be normal.
Good luck

Set yourself up on google ads firstly its free second youve a good chance to showcase your work with pictures and things when someone types your area you come up on maps.
If you can avoid paying leads on sites like my builder all the better but its a good startoff base for developing and getting reccomendations.
They have breakfest clubs in many areas were all trades and different business meet up be good for you to get in.
Try adverts in shop windows.
Drop business cards to builders on extensions or even drop leaflets to peoples houses.
Theres loads of ways mate just got to be creative get of your ass theres plenty of work out there. Its very time consuming first setting up to be established so late days will be normal.
Good luck
Done the breakfast club thing mate, dropped off cards too builders, got a Facebook page with all the work I’ve done, just waiting on leaflets too be delivered. Not spent a day not looking or putting myself out there!!

Cheers mate.

Done the breakfast club thing mate, dropped off cards too builders, got a Facebook page with all the work I’ve done, just waiting on leaflets too be delivered. Not spent a day not looking or putting myself out there!!

Cheers mate.
Good man i no how hard it is being young i was setting up when i was 18 some spotty nose kid .. really had to prove myself i got on with a few builders thing is with them is ..there not all going to give you that kind of money so be expected to drop a little.
Best of luck

Good man i no how hard it is being young i was setting up when i was 18 some spotty nose kid .. really had to prove myself i got on with a few builders thing is with them is ..there not all going to give you that kind of money so be expected to drop a little.
Best of luck
Exactly mate, when you turn up too quote and they see how young you are they’re kind of put back a little. I’ll make it mate, determination and dedication. Especially hard when me and the Mrs just bought our first house . I don’t mind dropping a little if there’s continuous work mate. Sacrifice something small for the bigger picture.

Thanks for the wishes and advice mate!!

Exactly mate, when you turn up too quote and they see how young you are they’re kind of put back a little. I’ll make it mate, determination and dedication. Especially hard when me and the Mrs just bought our first house . I don’t mind dropping a little if there’s continuous work mate. Sacrifice something small for the bigger picture.

Thanks for the wishes and advice mate!!
You sound like your on your way. Not a problem mate just be really confident. Polite prompt good advice im sure you no the score.
Best of luck again.

I got work in Portsmouth for you

Have plastering work in Portsmouth need good Plasterer’s

Occasionally I might just sneak a set of reveals in with my little wall :aburrido:.
I knew going in today was a mistake new site induction.
He's straight in with the sorry there's no radios on site bollix.
Well its a Bloody good job I bought my own then init.

:mad: I can see we're going to have to keep an eye on you he goes :nocausagracia:.
Mate if only you knew :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: