Stainless Steel Mesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

How much do you guys pay per sheet? iv been quoted £47 per sheet its about 600x2.4 cant remeber size but still thats 2much! i need to cover 350sq m2 how much do you lot pay?

spunky said:
use galvanised mate fcuck s/s you ll never get the job unless its the queen

every1 has told me 2 use s/s as otherwise it WILL rust? wot can u say to customoer "use this its cheaper but it will rust?"

ive only ever used galvanised even on small jobs this is whats always supplied by the builder

and anything other than plug screw and washer? stevo said the non plug fixing but they cost a lot

flynnyman said:
Wouldnt it be cheaper to grind the joints?

key is the problem mate.. its the one painted in high build.. customoer understands it needs a good key so im gana price one in

but we would still be going onto loads of high build (paint) that may not handle the weight of render?

4700980626_02392006c1_b.jpg

oasis said:
but we would still be going onto loads of high build (paint) that may not handle the weight of render?

Not a problem youve made your key and most of the highbuild will come loose so scrape the loose, mix some PVA and cement and water maybe a bit of sand and roll the lot of it. Rakin the njoints will provide the key, the highbuild can't make the cement come out of the joints.

You would grind it just as quick as applying the EML but cheaper.

reali? just seems a bit of a funny one.. with paint still on the wall.. so u think having the render stuck in the joints will make the key we need and will keep it all stuck on? and also useing PVA out side? every1 gos mad at this?

oasis said:
reali? just seems a bit of a funny one.. with paint still on the wall.. so u think having the render stuck in the joints will make the key we need and will keep it all stuck on? and also useing PVA out side? every1 gos mad at this?

Your not really pvaing outside your making something else by adding the cement and sand also use external PVA if your worried. Raking the joints will provide a perfect key.

god that would be one hell of a week for some poor poor lab.. is fixing mesh take that long! 5 days 2 men ?

oasis said:
god that would be one hell of a week for some poor poor lab.. is fixing mesh take that long! 5 days 2 men ?

Is that 5 days and 2 men to complete the job including fixing the mesh scratch and top it?

nah i was guessing 5 days 2 fix mesh as an over the top guess.. cant find mesh prices online anywere!

richardbrown said:
bobby said:
double check your measure mate.3 sides of a house should`t be 350m2.b suprised if it`s 200.

average house 3 sides 150 ish

yeah yeah got the wrong job this is 4 sides.. anyhow Rich sheet of mesh how much? anyone just cna not find the stuff!

ziggy2 said:
I pay £9.20 for galvanised eml sheets mate from my local merchants.

yeeeeeeeeeea an answer lol how big is the sheet any any1 got a better price on S/S?

Status
Not open for further replies.