spreading faster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
working day and night to pay for his advertising................................................. clever lad :rolleyes)

Lol, this is funny as ****, advertising at the bus stop, target audience students and pensioners that wait eighteen months for you while they save up.

No offence but being booked up for 18 months is a loud of cods wallop, people don't wait that long and most won't have the curtesy to let you know they've found some one else or no longer want or could afford the work. Everyin man in Ireland was booked up for 18 months and more, look at them now.

If I was booked up for 18 months I have to question why I am paying £700 on to the next month that is all booked up.

And I'm wondering where the money comes from at 15m2 a day. I'm a student and I did a 11m2 wall the other day -> before lunch, including prep then a reskim 2 coat.

My advice is, get yourself booked up on a course like mine. That'd learn you how to spread faster. Or get that magnetic plaster, sticks to your trowel and stops it going on the floor.

Honest.

I know some plasterers who are also always busy but aren't spending 7k a year advertising if you aren't telling Porkies then you are throwing money away. Do some research on advertising I can guarantee you are wasting 75% of that.

Is it leaflet drops? Newspapers?

Best way to maximise profits is to mimimise costs;)

i sponsor local football club,in the papers every week ,all local magazines leaflet drops google adwords facebook adversing,on bus stops ,also get on billboards from time to time ,have had a marketing company doing telesales on tv screens at local gyms and town centers

Obviously it's up to you how you run your business and what you spend your money on. I would say though that your advertising isn't as effective as I'd want for that sort of money! I say this as I was looking for a plasterer a few months back for some ongoing work and couldn't find one. Well, not a good one anyway. In the end I had to import one from up North somewhere, Wolversomething?

Anyway, I live very close to you, was actively looking for a plasterer and didn't see your adverts. Soo ............

15m bag and a half is one mix ? for me not a day

from all accounts you don't even sleep...

I quote" working 7 days a week inc evenings and booked up for 18mnts"

in all my time in the building game ive never known as much bullshitee said!!! and trust me ive worked with a shedload of bullshiters!!!

you lads are clueless ,sounds like you all live on the breadline ,people will wait when the work is not urgent you cretin ,try getting a good reputation then they may wait for you ? if you not gonna give advice on what the thread is about then piss off

you lads are clueless ,sounds like you all live on the breadline ,people will wait when the work is not urgent you cretin ,try getting a good reputation then they may wait for you ? if you not gonna give advice on what the thread is about then piss off

If you had a good rep you wouldn't need to spend 700 quid a month advertising and certainly wouldn't need to know how to spread more.

I'm a student who can spread more than you and I also know how I'll be spreading more in 6 months. I won't be on here asking how to use my trowel...in fact I'm not now. I'm on here asking technical questions or about something I've yet to encounter.

Not how to put on a few bags a day ffs :D

Top an bottom. Remember the 6 p's
Perfect
Preparation
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance
An moving a bit quicker.
Or maybe change your habits a bit. Try getting a bigger swing on ya trowel.
Next gauge throw two bags in slightly wetter than normal an go for it. If you feel like it's pulling in then finish the area your on an stop. You will soon get used to working more efficiently after seeing the waste.
Hope this helps bud

Status
Not open for further replies.