Spraying thistle dri coat

anybody ever used this through a machine
Was thinking this on Monday I had a call from a dude who want dri coat or sand and cement in a gutted property in new year tbh I like using dricoat, if it ran through machine would be ideal, I can't see why it wouldn't be ok

If the jobs big enought to spray in dri coat it's gonna cost an arm and a leg in materials. Would it not be cheaper to spray in CPI General purpose which I think contains waterproofer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the jobs big enought to spray in dri coat it's gonna cost an arm and a leg in materials. Would it not be cheaper to spray in CPI General purpose which I think contains waterproofer.

Probably a good shout mate tbh I not been to see the job yet only ever ran hardwall through ritmo on a job and the guy is stripped out the house and doing injection , never used the cpi gp I'll have a look, you had in running through machine okay?

Was thinking this on Monday I had a call from a dude who want dri coat or sand and cement in a gutted property in new year tbh I like using dricoat, if it ran through machine would be ideal, I can't see why it wouldn't be ok

Blimey I agree with you on the dri coat, I like using it also

Blimey I agree with you on the dri coat, I like using it also

Customer has all materials there allready. has dri coat for bathrooms . just wondering if anyone confirm spraying it or ill do it by hand.

Is this dri coat similar to Limelite Renovating plaster?

Put to much Limelite on too fast and it cracks, I found 2 coats over at least two days is better.

I've never ran a machine.

Yes dri coat is very similar to renovating plaster.

Is this dri coat similar to Limelite Renovating plaster?

Put to much Limelite on too fast and it cracks, I found 2 coats over at least two days is better.
I've put lime lite by hand over a slurry coat, good and thick with no problems. I'm not a machine man but can't see why it wouldn't go on well out of one.

I don't think you can put it through the machine cos you've got to let it stand for 15 mins before spreading it once it's mixed.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

I don't think you can put it through the machine cos you've got to let it stand for 15 mins before spreading it once it's mixed.

Reminds me why I don't like microwave cooking! Frustrating that it states pierce lid in several places, so I go to the bathroom, bedroom and lounge! Then I have to stand for one minute when it's finished! :muyenojado:

Unless you use the ritmo as a conveyor instead??

Should of used gyprime

It had 2 rollered coats of gyprime on it left 24 hrs between each coat. And all the concrete blocks have been gypprimed.

if you splashed it with water you would think you were going to be ok. the water was just running down the wall.
I layed the first coat on and after the first 3 hawkfuls i could see it was getting the juice sucked out of it. and i was in for a grewlla.
By the time i first coated the whole wall the skim was shrinking and cracking and blowing back off the wall.
I second coated it and that was fun.
Next i sprayed it with water and sponge and trowelled it flat. it came out ok so i left it a bit and then gave it 2 more coats of skim rather than fukkk about trying to salvage everything. They trowelled up better but it was non stop work with a variety of fascial expressions, expletives and what ifs.

Theres a few bits left but im gonna try sbr on them. gyprime is useless on 3 week hardwall

Put some knauf bonding compound in your finish
does it have to be knauf ?
To be honest its just a few returns is all thats left. i will sbr it overnight. its just the walls the other guy left. Kin hard work on your own tho.

been spraying hardwall this week and i think they have changed something. its how i remember it when i first started. spraying at 8 and set hard by 11. (normally been taking much longer)

been doing about 30 odd m2 a day finished. the hardwall is easy but skimming it at 2.6mt ceilings can make it a bit slower and more effort and adding more time to the set. Prob be much easier with a bit of help and could stick a bit more on.

@Vincey what's your op on the last post?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
Funny you should ask I promised my mate I'd try this knauf stuff in the new year :)

I more interested to see the thistle dry going through machine though and tbh in shock that neither of top 2 machine companies or Bg haven't done already.