Spraying plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might try and an organise a day for it as I think its getting popular and lots of interest :)

Danny, we could certainly organise a day at the Immingham plant for those who would like to see the product / system and can't easily get to Kent.
Spray plaster is growing in popularity and the we are seeing rapid growth both in the number of people now using the products and in volume.

It is an easier way of working that is quicker, cleaner etc. but ultimately if the quality and finish wasn't up to scratch this wouldn't be happening.

Danny, let's see if we can get something organised during February.

Curry do you use trowels or speedskim and the like to flatten the spray plaster.
Also are you waiting for the first coat to dry before spraying a second coat

Ceilings we use a refina 40" spat on a pole for the first spray then use a 18" s*p*r*lex on the second.

Walls we use s*p*r*lex for both passes. I will then give it a finial trowel with tye s*p*r*lex about 10 mins after its flattened.

We can double coat in a day

Garratt and Priceplastering - I think you are both based inthe southern part of UK... so give Quinns above a call - Clive Reeves go via 01795424499 or look at his profile for his mobile number

Clive will answer all of your questions and visit to discuss further or arrange demo's to suit where you are based!

Garratt - I am sure Curry will answer you, but I think it is at least a 2 man job... maybe 3

If you are keen to look at it - give Knauf a call for more info!

Garratt and Priceplastering - I think you are both based inthe southern part of UK... so give Quinns above a call - Clive Reeves go via 01795424499 or look at his profile for his mobile number

Clive will answer all of your questions and visit to discuss further or arrange demo's to suit where you are based!

Garratt - I am sure Curry will answer you, but I think it is at least a 2 man job... maybe 3

If you are keen to look at it - give Knauf a call for more info!

Thanks based near Milton Keynes, any chance of getting some mp products on the shelf? It amazes me that the size of MK and you can't get any, especially the way that place gets developed!

Thanks based near Milton Keynes, any chance of getting some mp products on the shelf? It amazes me that the size of MK and you can't get any, especially the way that place gets developed!

MK is supplied by SIG Bedford and Encon Northampton.... or call knauf HO on 01795424499 and ask for Eddy Clutton (local sales manager) who can advise further...

good luck!

Price plastering - if curry is using three men to put on 1000 metres in a week how is this quicker than spreading by trowel? That equates to 333.3' per week per man. Approx 66.6 metres per man per day. 66 metres in a day is an early bath in my eyes.

66 metres by hand is good going. But it is tearing your joints apart and making an old of you before your time.

Preserve what you have left and let 21st century technology do the work.you might then just work up to 66 and get a state pension your NI contributions have paid for. Either that or incapacity benefit.

ADo you have to tape up? Are you doing the ceilings and walls in one hit working to wet angles? Have you got to tape and joint first then let that dry? Also fill beads out and let them dry? How long do you have to wait before you can sand it back? @Curry

ADo you have to tape up? Are you doing the ceilings and walls in one hit working to wet angles? Have you got to tape and joint first then let that dry? Also fill beads out and let them dry? How long do you have to wait before you can sand it back? @Curry
Good questions,I don't know much about machine plastering and will be good to know:RpS_thumbup:

Sprayed multi today for the first time, what a fecking mess! I ain't doing that again, got the first coat on, gave up and got the trowel going. BTW I wasn't running a proper skim set up and we are laughing about it now.

Can't see it making any difference, we tried all different speeds and air combo's and it's too much mess really can't see a proper skim gun being much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.