Sponge float

Members online

Stewie03

Sponge float skimming talk to me,a local fellow spread has been bending my ear about it for years but I've never bothered with it, what's everybody's opinion on it I'm trying not to knock something i havent tried but I've never saw the concept of flattening your work with a trowel just to sponge it all up and flatten it again

Not something I’m interested in but if guys can get a nice finish with it then why not I guess! It’s all about the end product (y)

Not something I’m interested in but if guys can get a nice finish with it then why not I guess! It’s all about the end product (y)
Agree with you there, my mate started doing it a few years ago after he said multifinish had gone to s**t and didn't trust it

Sponge float skimming talk to me,a local fellow spread has been bending my ear about it for years but I've never bothered with it, what's everybody's opinion on it I'm trying not to knock something i havent tried but I've never saw the concept of flattening your work with a trowel just to sponge it all up and flatten it again
On big areas it ideal. It always in the back of the mind if this get the better of me I've got the sponge to get it back alive again and flatten same time.

1506701_635277806576453_9105295964323659207_n.jpg

I dont think it's my cup of tea really but I am curious about it,I have helped my mate out on a few jobs last year and he sponge floated his work and I did the traditional method and his work was spot on to be fair,

Useful to have around to get you out the s**t Occasionally. Nice to go down angles. I'll leave everyone else to battle it out.

Seen a lot of spreads one coat sponge on sites when the rates are s**t. They get 3 hits 20-25 m2 hits on in a day as they take 2 hours ish,
fair play to them. Not for me, but won’t knock what anyone else is doing.

One thing I will say about sponge, it dries more uniformed and quicker.

The next job I end up doing with my mate I'll bite the bullet and do a sponge float job on a wall, with him overlooking it cant go wrong then I can at least say I've tried it

The next job I end up doing with my mate I'll bite the bullet and do a sponge float job on a wall, with him overlooking it cant go wrong then I can at least say I've tried it

As usual, all about timing. Too late and you'll just pull up the last bit of fat and leave a shiny gritty finish. Im out, as I know my limits.

@Spongfloatbob