Splayed angles

Hiya

I am doing a little job for a mate in a couple of weeks and I have a tonne of splayed angles to do around windows. He does not want to use stop beads as they always crack.

Anybody had any success with other beads?

I have never had problems with them cracking before if you scrim the angle first. But open up the thin coat a bit and bond out only other option i have done

Hiya

I am doing a little job for a mate in a couple of weeks and I have a tonne of splayed angles to do around windows. He does not want to use stop beads as they always crack.

Anybody had any success with other beads?
Why not reshape an angle bead ?

Danny I put up the wrong link. It should be straight flex original. It's for drylining but works great on skim. It's really strong stuff.

Danny I put up the wrong link. It should be straight flex original. It's for drylining but works great on skim. It's really strong stuff.

Which one do you mean? I have used similar tape when jointing but never with skim... this is one of those jobs that cant go wrong :D

Danny use the best

Once you used that you will never use anything else mate , It goes for miles is half the time than pissing around with beads , cheaper and a lot better job , they changed the name from easiflex pro tape god knows why but has a blue line printed on it so you can see it when skimming, it’s also absolutely solid when applied due to the plastics on the back, not stocked in many places so will need ordering in

Danny use the best

Once you used that you will never use anything else mate , It goes for miles is half the time than pissing around with beads , cheaper and a lot better job , they changed the name from easiflex pro tape god knows why but has a blue line printed on it so you can see it when skimming, it’s also absolutely solid when applied due to the plastics on the back, not stocked in many places so will need ordering in

Have you used them over skim before?

Have you used them over skim before?
I’ll be honest bg say skim to bed them in is fine which I agree but a better easier job I bed them in with Travis or ccf tradeline compound then skim them when that’s cured
Have used skim to no problem but just find it easier that way
Haven’t used them on overskim though only fresh boards

I’ll be honest bg say skim to bed them in is fine which I agree but a better easier job I bed them in with Travis or ccf tradeline compound then skim them when that’s cured

AH ok this is going on fresh skimmed plaster... that I am reskimming :D.... hmmmmm decisions decisions decisions @BritishGypsum @The Apprentice

Sounds like a proper faff! :crying:

Danny use the best

Half the time??? I can’t see it mate!

Tuck skrim under stopbead and around corner , buy a box online of beads at about a quid a time or buy singles at wickes at a fiver each

Half the time??? I can’t see it mate!
If you bedded it in with skim I meant mate , it’s not my personal preferred method was what kinda saying but let’s say Danny wanted speed he could in effect take the small box it comes in up into the room , mix up his first load of skim then bed it in and first coat and lay it all in with fresh gear, it rolls out the box easily as there’s a little purpose made flap ,pull it to the right length in seconds then cut it , compared to say pissing around with stop beads trying to line them up straight and securing them before even mixing up

If you bedded it in with skim I meant mate , it’s not my personal preferred method was what kinda saying but let’s say Danny wanted speed he could in effect take the small box it comes in up into the room , mix up his first load of skim then bed it in and first coat and lay it all in with fresh gear, it rolls out the box easily as there’s a little purpose made flap ,pull it to the right length in seconds then cut it , compared to say pissing around with stop beads trying to line them up straight and securing them before even mixing up

Where is best to get some vincey?