Speed ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nath456

Hi I'm still new to plastering and I was wondering how many bags per set should you be putting on ? I knock up a bag and a bit in one bucket which fills the bucket . Put that on and knock up another to top . Is this slow ? I have seen other plasters knock up a bucket to lay on first coat and knock up another but wet, so when they finished first coat theres a bucket ready not stiff but just right for there second coat , anyone else do this ? Whats the best way to knock your stuff up on 2-3 bags a set or even more ? Also when you do put big sets on is it best to put it on as fast as you can , or take a bit more time but keeping it flat as you can ? Thanks any advice will a great help thanks .

I worked with a lad who put 2 on a big spot and kept another in the bucket he started at 5 am and did 4 sets his body's ****** now and trying to get work running jobs fair play though he was quick, do what you're happy with there's no golden rule unfortunately some people are probably more experienced than you and the speed comes with it

i work mainly in the domestic trade mate and i tend to knock up 2 to 2 and a half bags for first coat then about 1 and a half (depending on how much the first coat was) for the seccond coat so about 8 bags a day on my own, but if i have a labourer then obviously i can do more if i need to (if i can be assed)

Wooow lol he's a machine ! How do you get quicker ? Keep pushing your self on bigger sets ? Or just time ?

speed comes with time mate just keep plugging away and youll realised your own boundarys considdering your new to plastering a bag and a bit per mix isnt bad at all mate. if you wanna try putting on a bit more get yaself a gorilla tub then you can knock up 2 bags in one go as opposed to knocking up one bucket then anouther bucket thus wasteing spreading time with the first bucket you knocked up

if your on price then why not rich say you set a price that you reckon a job will take 14 days then you get it done in 10 youve still set ya price and youve made 4 days money for working a little bit harder

maybe i am to lazy lol, i am on price now and do 3 bag sets x 3 but thats on board no way would i do it working to skirting,coving,around plugs sockets etc

Still a pup ! Lol I'm not even born yet then ! Do most people use the gorilla tubs then? I have only really seen people use the big White plastic buckets if you know what I mean .

If I do domestic by the time I've set up blah blah I'm lucky to finish one set by 2 I don't do it anymore had enough of 7 oclockers

Been plastering for 25 years and i've found my speed. 1 and a half bags in a Gorilla tub, flatten, then mix another 3/4- a bag to second coat. I only do domestics these days. Don't worry too much about speed.....Concentrate on the quality of your finish as that's what ultimately will bring you more business!

It's about been neat and tidy with your skim mate , less fecking about troweling up or what I call a windmill spread forever troweling up the same wall. If you wanr to be fast getting it on by a ritmo.

its all about the balance mate i find around my way the other plasters always sub out to me the akward parts cos they know i can do a fair bit and to a good qaulity and they cnt be arsed to sit there and faff around with it.
dnt worry bout it nath youll find ya speed and perfection in time as you said your relativly new to the game, just out of interest how long ya been doin plastering mate

i think the amount your mixing especialy on domestics is fine.when areas need it mix a bag and a half up.a big tablespoon of cream of tartar in your first mix will give you the extra time needed when doing your own labouring ie put on board ,clean bucket,put on wall,get water , mix again ,clean again bla bla it helps your not running like a loony

Been plastering for 25 years and i've found my speed. 1 and a half bags in a Gorilla tub, flatten, then mix another 3/4- a bag to second coat. I only do domestics these days. Don't worry too much about speed.....Concentrate on the quality of your finish as that's what ultimately will bring you more business!

agree with you there casper :RpS_thumbup::RpS_thumbup:

i think ur all living in drem land iv been doing it for 30 years seen changes in wot clients want and mostly comes down 2 bottom line.

speed comes with time... you get more efficient and more controlled and dont waste energy when you have waved a walls for a few years..

do what bubbles says good finish willl see you better than being quick... I rather work a few hours later than a quick spread and know that my finish is better :)

its all about the balance mate i find around my way the other plasters always sub out to me the akward parts cos they know i can do a fair bit and to a good qaulity and they cnt be arsed to sit there and faff around with it.
dnt worry bout it nath youll find ya speed and perfection in time as you said your relativly new to the game, just out of interest how long ya been doin plastering mate

I have been plastering about a year and a half now should I be putting on more than I am ?

on domestic re-skim, bag and a half - two bags a hit is enough. id rather do 3 small bag and a bit hits personally. site, u have to be a superhero, and launch it on like mary hell and trowel like a ****. and then go wow, i earn £100 today

for a year and a half mate your doin fine mate just keep plugging away at it. as long as ya finish it tippy top youll do fine mate

on domestic re-skim, bag and a half - two bags a hit is enough. id rather do 3 small bag and a bit hits personally. site, u have to be a superhero, and launch it on like mary hell and trowel like a ****. and then go wow, i earn £100 today

Lol

:RpS_blushing: i just mix 8 bags and bang it all on in one coat, wet corners all the way , sponge it and trowel .:RpS_crying:

funny thing is you go like a loon for a few years then you start to slow down as you approach 40-ironic that you spend all that time trying to be quick as **** and then you spend an equal amount of time trying to do as little as possible-or maybe its just me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.