Spats. Speed skim issues

Members online

Like the standard Speed skim prefer them to the metal bladed spats eze refina ect. I think they leave a nicer finish after troweling up, don't like how other spats fetch up water in skim.
But does anyone else find speedskims drag like f**k if they're not kept not absolutely spotless? I'm not talking caked in plaster I mean the tiniest bit of fat that gets caught inbetween ridges. Think it would be better without those ridges? what are they even for

Like the standard Speed skim prefer them to the metal bladed spats eze refina ect. I think they leave a nicer finish after troweling up, don't like how other spats fetch up water in skim.
But does anyone else find speedskims drag like f**k if they're not kept not absolutely spotless? I'm not talking caked in plaster I mean the tiniest bit of fat that gets caught inbetween ridges. Think it would be better without those ridges? what are they even for
They redistribute any skim built up on them into hollows as you use it.Well that’s the theory of it.I only use one one on large ceilings it’s a break from the stilts.

They redistribute any skim built up on them into hollows as you use it.Well that’s the theory of it.I only use one one on large ceilings it’s a break from the stilts.
Oh I see that's the idea then. Not sure I agree with their theory tho, Sure they'd be better without them. a trowel flattens walls fine without silly ridges in

It tends to drag if you get on it too late....
I know mate used spats years, i get the timings. I meant more I find the speedkim if not spotless can leave small fine lines through your work probably through tiny bits of fat that can collect in those ridges on front. Find it really annoying.

I know mate used spats years, i get the timings. I meant more I find the speedkim if not spotless can leave small fine lines through your work probably through tiny bits of fat that can collect in those ridges on front. Find it really annoying.

Oh i see.

I don't finish with mine so it's not something I worry about