Spat

Status
Not open for further replies.
can see how the spat would work well with stilts for laying on super fast and jump down and spat off the ground. That's worth a try......do you reckon there's a practical length at which they become too straight, as in if the boarding is a tad bent would just not touch whole areas where a trowel would?

if rich sends it me ill send it you steve ..........................now whats youre address steve :)

fu.ck

off!

if theres one person on this website i'm never giving my address its the forums resident hill billy! ill give it you tonight and wake up with a caravan parked infront of my van!

steve your the man for the big arse ceilings at the min ;D think we should get one for the kitchen biggie,
could rent it after :D

fu.ck off! its your fault for putting a bucket at the bottom of my hop up. theres no way i'm touching a mop handle in that house, dunno where its been :-X

;D ;D
thats why my water buckets yellow ;)
could seriously do with one of them spats 8) im just looking at the dimensions?

how do you come down from your ceiling angles on walls, i would normaly take a trowel across the ceiling line cutting in tight to the corner.

Do u use the pole when you use these on the walls as well or is the pole only used on ceilings so u use is more like a feather edge. I fancy one but would want to see a video so i know the technique and i think £40 odd for an alumimium pole is a friggin disgrace!

Purchased a 1000mm one, whole thing looks like it cost under a tenner to make. Using it friday. All that money spent, and comes in a lovely hard wearing cardboard box. You'd think for that money it would at least have a case. Looks like my woodworking skills from school are finally gonna come in handy

lewisricekrispy said:
Purchased a 1000mm one, whole thing looks like it cost under a tenner to make. Using it friday. All that money spent, and comes in a lovely hard wearing cardboard box. You'd think for that money it would at least have a case. Looks like my woodworking skills from school are finally gonna come in handy
Agree they look cheap but wait til you use it, you wont be dissapointed,
Got mine recently and soon realised i should have got one years ago. And yes a case would have been nice :)

Are you sure its a spat...... it looks like one of the ewebanks me gran had when i was a kid for hoovering up crumbs....... ;D

Had a go today on a patch repair (600 x 2000) on a boarded ceiling. Old ceiling was a bit pooie. Toilet waste wasn't conected properley, had to wear glove to remove poo boards.
Left patch slightly raised around edge due to drying to quick, so applied mote preasure, which blistered it. So had to hit edges with trowel. Then re-do with spat. On second coat was spot on, just left two hollows. Worked like a straight edge, but troweled off smooth and blended in well.
Gotta a bathroom to do on friday so will put it to the test then.
Also used it wronge way round so had to get a taping knife between blade and support :(

Status
Not open for further replies.