Sovereign chemicals

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyb

Got a rep coming out to see me tomorrow from sovereign to talk about opening an account with then which you have to do to be able to be certified and hand out there insurance backed gaurantees just wondered if anyone else used sovereign? I bet there stuffs pricey and in my opinion you Cnt beat good old s&c for Dpc work which I reckon I wont be able to use.

I deal with sovereign and it's not up to the rep who becomes approved with them. There render lite backing plaster for me is far better then sand and cement but cost a lot more then s+c. The cost of gear now is getting stupid but thats just the way it is. The insurance backed gaurantees are worked on a percent of the price of the dpc.
If you have been following the thread on riseing damp it does not exist in the minds of some on here LOl.:RpS_thumbsup:

So a percentage of the price of job go's to sovereign? Been in touch with dryzone they do a product gaurantee and said they have another company to deal with the fully insured gaurantees, you just send off for the product gaurantee while doing the job and that's it no site visit or anything

Yep I'm sovereign approved an it's pretty much as henry said, and it usually takes 3-4 jobs before you get approved

All i do is add the 7.5% to the end off the quote, and tell the customer that that's the cost if they want the 10-30 year warranty, you will be surprised how many don't want it

Cheers warrior those 3 or 4 jobs they come out and have a look at, can u issue the guarantees on them?

Cheers warrior had a chat with the rep seems like a good outfit, gears abit expensive, tried getting me to buy there damp meter looked s**t hot but then told me the price and my balls jumped into ma mouth!

Yes but only if you sprinkle fairy dust on 1st :RpS_laugh:

i have to say that sovereign change their area reps more than i change my underwear, but the products are quality and i have never had an issue with their services and after 30 odd years in the trade they are definitely one of the better co's

i have to say that sovereign change their area reps more than i change my underwear, but the products are quality and i have never had an issue with their services and after 30 odd years in the trade they are definitely one of the better co's

Reps on commission only after 1st 3 months and all self employed so got to pay for car and expeneses out of the comission they make so not very lucrative, well thats how it was when I did the job for, you got it 3 months.

I'm backed by Kingfisher for dampproofing. Just wondered if anyone else on here was or are you all soverign lads?? Apparently Kingfisher was set up by a couple of who started out with soverign . Av had the same rep for the last 5 year

Last edited:
Have to agree with warrior re sovereign . Their rendermix w/proofer is the nuts, their delivery is almost instant, tech helpline excellent.
:RpS_thumbup:

Wots the crack with kingfisher artsian? As in prices product guarantees etc

Not sure on price wise against soverign but gaurantee's just the same. You go on there dampproofing training seminar and then they come and inspect your first 3 jobs and then you get "approved contractor" status. sounds rock n roll i know. I Just ring up the area rep i you get stuck or need some advice. check it out marra
Kingfisher Building Products - Wood Stains, Roof coatings, Paving Driveway and Patio Cleaners and Sealers, Damp proofing, Paints and Sealants..:RpS_thumbup:

Sovereign F*cked it up for me in the 80s by giving garauntees to every tom dick and harry in the building trade thus making prices crash! Was gettig 15 quid a metre for s&c waterproof render in early 80s until that!

Sovereign F*cked it up for me in the 80s by giving garauntees to every tom dick and harry in the building trade thus making prices crash! Was gettig 15 quid a metre for s&c waterproof render in early 80s until that!

It wasn't Sovereigns fault to be fair, a massive epidemic of rising damp spread throughout Britain in the 80's and 90's. Lucky enough the disease never spread to Ireland (well the Republic anyway :RpS_laugh: ) or mainland Europe.

Lucky enough it's not a notifiable disease outside the UK :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.