soundproofing job

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
starting one this week coming on resillient bars when I do the boarding I was going to leave a 5mm gap around all the perimeter of the boards the seal it with soundproof sealant or would you not bother?thanks

starting one this week coming on resillient bars when I do the boarding I was going to leave a 5mm gap around all the perimeter of the boards the seal it with soundproof sealant or would you not bother?thanks
I would leave gap mate as you say that is Bg spec tbh, what system is it you using?

You want to switch to acoustic sealant mate we did one last year ye Deffo leave the gap .. we had the frame built from gb specs with acoustic hangers ..like little rubber bungs to stop vibration traveling through good system.
Two layers of acoustic wool.. double boarded with sound boards filled with acoustic sealer on both layers ..
Passed with flying colours there video is on you tube or bg website

I've done a bit of metal fixing, would describe my skills as fairly novice but I've got a reasonable understanding of some basic systems. I always enjoyed it and even looked into doing a course but the idea fell by the wayside a bit.

Sorry mate I thought he was saying he building a stud wall out of wood
Ahh I see, you done any fixing mate? I found it quite interesting. The plastering contractor I used to sub to often had fixers on jobs and I always enjoyed getting involved if I could.

Ahh I see, you done any fixing mate? I found it quite interesting. The plastering contractor I used to sub to often had fixers on jobs and I always enjoyed getting involved if I could.
Over the last year yes , only Bg retro fit systems not new build

Over the last year yes , only Bg retro fit systems not new build
I looked at the BG course I think, not local to me though. Most the guys I met were self taught and pretty rough and ready. Not a lot of love goes into it.

BG sent me a bit of a spec might help you out @madmonk

Hello!

We spotted the thread you recently started around soundproofing and just wanted to send across our suggestions! Please see below, or you can find some more information in the attached document. If it's easier to chat this through on the phone, just send us your contact number and location and we'd be happy to give you a call :)
  • For Circa 20mm (18mm) – If existing surface is plastered, apply DriLyner RF (3mm) incorporating 15mm Gyproc SoundBloc.
  • Circa 20mm (23mm) – If existing surface is un-plastered, apply DriLyner BASIC (10mm) incorporating 12.5mm Gyproc SoundBloc.
  • 50mm – Apply GypLyner UNIVERSAL, 25mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200) within the framing, 2 x 12.5mm Gyproc SoundBloc.
  • Circa 80mm (85mm) – GypLyner IWL, 10mm airspace, 50mm Isover Acoustic Slab with Gypframe 48I50, 2 x 12.5mm Gyproc SoundBloc.
Thanks

Always use sealant, however it'll be a referb no doubt so it all sounds great leaving 5mm perimeter etc but as well know nothing will be square so I wouldn't worry about specifics just leave a gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No point in having a second skin board as when I wanted some info the tech bloke told me that it's the system as a whole that stops the noise and adding another board will only save max of 1 what ever it's called will need to seal it to stop flanking sounds as well

BG sent me a bit of a spec might help you out @madmonk

Hello!

We spotted the thread you recently started around soundproofing and just wanted to send across our suggestions! Please see below, or you can find some more information in the attached document. If it's easier to chat this through on the phone, just send us your contact number and location and we'd be happy to give you a call :)
  • For Circa 20mm (18mm) – If existing surface is plastered, apply DriLyner RF (3mm) incorporating 15mm Gyproc SoundBloc.
  • Circa 20mm (23mm) – If existing surface is un-plastered, apply DriLyner BASIC (10mm) incorporating 12.5mm Gyproc SoundBloc.
  • 50mm – Apply GypLyner UNIVERSAL, 25mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200) within the framing, 2 x 12.5mm Gyproc SoundBloc.
  • Circa 80mm (85mm) – GypLyner IWL, 10mm airspace, 50mm Isover Acoustic Slab with Gypframe 48I50, 2 x 12.5mm Gyproc SoundBloc.
Thanks

Always use sealant, however it'll be a referb no doubt so it all sounds great leaving 5mm perimeter etc but as well know nothing will be square so I wouldn't worry about specifics just leave a gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one cheers mate