some advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
Hi all just taken on my biggest job so far complete re rend of gable end bungalow...got majority of render off today but came across a couple of probs.

Firstly no bellcast bead on the bottom render came out apprx 40mm from wall...not sure how to match up with rest of house do u use a 40mm wooden batten if so how do i fix this to wall? or should i use a bellcast bead?

At the edge of the wall do i just leave a bit of render on? as i don't want to damage render on adjoining wall or is it best to take this off and use bead?

And the other problem is carport roof screwed into wall...quote is to replace flashing after...would you just remore flashing and as much render as possible top and bottom? or remove the whole carport?!

thanks

Aaron

bellcastbead-vi.jpg

carportflashing-vi.jpg

edge-vi.jpg

windowbead-vi.jpg

it looks like theyve use batton before mate so it's the way forward, give it a good squirt or two of dw40 before you fix it to stop it sticking to the render
i'd stay away from the angles too mate remember it is a patch job :)
as for the carport fook knows mate good luck ;)

nasty lookin finish if you gotta match it in...id say same as nicksey and as for the carport looks like a can of worms to remove the frame BUT if the glazing system is relatively modern, with a pvc top cap trappin the poly over ali base runners screwed to timber id prolly have a bash at lifting the caps and removing the sheets...purely to make life easier above it...if not its gonna be a right old ballache, doesnt look strong enough to be jumping about on, looks to me like 2x2 glazing bars screwed directly into an inch thick wall plate/half ridge..then the waste pipe below... :(...just glad it aint my job matey...hope u got a good price in ;)
just another observation...the poly looks to be running the wrong way??
all that in consideration...any chance of convincing em to take it down in the interest of safety and a decent job?

Status
Not open for further replies.