soft plaster

Members online

h ichrispy
im not sure what it has been skimmed with hence asking you guys i was given the impression it was going to be a finish plaster however the finish to me as a lamen is not ideal the workmanship is good but the strength ogf the material used im not so sure of, due to the possible expansion and shrinkage im wondering if it may be an appropriate skim/finish you guys would maybe no more

How many times do you have to be asked for pictures?

how many times do i have to say pics are unavailable but thanks
1603043931309.gif

Very little anyone can do for you until you do.
thats fair enough however as i mentioned earlier the surface is good, it is glass smooth , it is pink in colour not white or grey, you can not see any of the plaster board or see or feel scrim, when tapped gently it feels reasonably firm however you re able to leave marks in it without to much effort , couple of fellas on here have said that finish plaster should be rock solid , confirmed what i thought, i will have a number of phone calls to make regarding this over Monday/Tuesday hopefully i will find out then what it is and any possible issue

thanks to any of you who have provided any genuine input it is appreciated , and with respect to the banter brigade keep wearing the funny looking big boots ,squirting flower,and ginger wig and hopefully your plastering is better than your insight

regards

thanks to any of you who have provided any genuine input it is appreciated , and with respect to the banter brigade keep wearing the funny looking big boots ,squirting flower,and ginger wig and hopefully your plastering is better than your insight

regards
Casper is gone.

thats fair enough however as i mentioned earlier the surface is good, it is glass smooth , it is pink in colour not white or grey, you can not see any of the plaster board or see or feel scrim, when tapped gently it feels reasonably firm however you re able to leave marks in it without to much effort , couple of fellas on here have said that finish plaster should be rock solid , confirmed what i thought, i will have a number of phone calls to make regarding this over Monday/Tuesday hopefully i will find out then what it is and any possible issue

The last few months has seen erratic supplies of plaster, with some people stockpiling it and being unable to use or resell it before it went out of date. Not saying the plasterer on your job used out of date product, but the following is one of many possible reasons for a soft final result:

(www.justgypsum.com/storing-open-plaster-bags)

"Out of date plaster is best disposed of, as it either sets very fast (Flash sets) or doesnt set at all."

"To Slow the set of Gypsum based plasters some plasterers have doctored the gypsum based plaster with a handful of lime putty to slow the set for big hits.
Be warned that this can have an adverse effect on the finished plaster with the impact strength being reduced dramatically"

Even without doctoring the mix with additives, as others have already commented, the use of sponging (or just too much water, during later stages) can result in a soft or powdery end result, as the 'fat' just gets pushed around. In the scenario of out-of-date plaster (or improperly prepared substrate, such as very dry plasterboard that hasn't been primed with PVA), flash setting may have occurred, which might lead to the application of too much water, in an effort to rescue the set.

You seem like an absolute bellend!!!

No plaster does not set rock hard and will easily mark!