So it's settled then..

Rare sight nowadays, have used one but never really got on with it.
I've only used one for the past few years , still prefer doing opposites but if it's bang it on rate I give up

I've only used one for the past few years , still prefer doing opposites but if it's bang it on rate I give up
I meant the 3 sided one shown in the book, I do always use a corner trowel but we used to make our own with a slightly larger radius

Its a hawk!!!! never herd the word hand board till I came on here I’ve been at it for 25 years stupid name I know but it’s a hawk
same here trippy, ....except i never heard it being called a hawk before until i came on this forum,...always but always called a handboard and i have been at it for 34 years,.....and when i mention this to other plasterers, well the looks i get , and the comments, ....no i dont believe you hector/ cant be/ something wrong with them, are just a few

same here trippy, ....except i never heard it being called a hawk before until i came on this forum,...always but always called a handboard and i have been at it for 34 years,.....and when i mention this to other plasterers, well the looks i get , and the comments, ....no i dont believe you hector/ cant be/ something wrong with them, are just a few
Can’t believe that I for once agree with you Hector.
It must be a Northerner/ Southerner thing,
Rumour has it all Southern men sit down to piss like women!!

sign language hawk GIF by Sign with Robert

I always take a piss sat down take the weight of
Same here, but for different reasons..

You shake a man's hand, little while later you go for a wee....
....take penis out..
....now that man's DNA is on your penis!

Whilst walking through park later in the day you pat a dog...
...you go for a wee,.
Take penis out..
Dogs DNA is on your penis...

..moments later you are hit by a bus and killed..
You are identified as a homosexual dog fiddler and will be remembered that way for evermore.
Remember kids; always sit down to wee

Same here, but for different reasons..

You shake a man's hand, little while later you go for a wee....
....take penis out..
....now that man's DNA is on your penis!

Whilst walking through park later in the day you pat a dog...
...you go for a wee,.
Take penis out..
Dogs DNA is on your penis...

..moments later you are hit by a bus and killed..
You are identified as a homosexual dog fiddler and will be remembered that way for evermore.
Remember kids; always sit down to wee

Always called it a hand board. Solely down to my beginning that's what everyone else called it. Well more than it was called a hawk. I always assumed the name hawk came because you hold it the same way you would use your arm for a perch when calling your hawk in falconry. Now I cant get Billy Casper and Kes out my head

1614804711038.png
1614804804330.png
1614805180640.png
1614805328328.png

If it looks like a hawk, sells like a hawk then it must be a hawk.

Attachments

• 1614804988712.png
    1614804988712.png
    17 KB · Views: 111
He's setting out a Plasterers oval and trips over the gothic arch and lands on the springing line.
Or was it was suicided after he seen the NVQ qualifications.
Sad but true, that why there is no sixth addition.

Yes, you can manage without a small tool, until you need it.
A useful tool, if you can find it.
Always at the bottom of the water bucket. Or is it?