sm700px1/42a basecoat

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard that name before... its an old old (well relatively to the 'new' game) product but what exactly is it? flexible sbr slurry?

its an external bond-it chris, great stuff for keying up concrete, smooth render, suction control on porous stuff etc

see now lankolatex was something i come across for floors donkeys ago, old schoolers used to go on about it... then it was just termed 'latex' then 'latex' was misinterpreted as 'floor levelling compound' till people figured out that 'floor levelling compound' wasnt flexible at 7 quid a bag and 'latex' at 18 quid a bag was...

so is lankolatex basically flexi levelling compound? you just apply it to walls as in sbr slurry but for dodgy situations?

and microgobetis, any cement in it or just a polymer based primer with an aggregate in it?

2000 is polymer based as far as im aware.

lanko, yes your on the right lines, you can use it for an admixture etc it has many uses.

so were still in the same ballpark then?
cement based products can to an extent be made flexible with the addition of not water, but a highly polymer based additive...
and silicon based renders dont suffer from the same shrinkage problems as cement based products but its not something you can knock up yourself, hence the prebagged thing...

just trying to figure out the basics...

all we are basically talking about is adding flexiblility to a cement based product OR using a completely different silicon based (using polymers as a binder? but hang on, isnt 'silicon' basically sand) render / basecoat...

sh't im starting to lose it... too much beer... lets make this a long term thing?

micro is good gear i used it over some breeze once rendered over no prob. it was an instruction from the customer so parex drawn a spec of microgobetis/maite mesh/acrylic top. done the job and still sound now.

we never actually said use only parex :rolleyes) that must have been assumed by the reader..... I may have suggested that on a close friends house you wont go far wrong with Parex or Marmorit systems along with 2 others not mentioned here. there are other good systems we just dont want to confuse the thread at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.