sleeping in van

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Staff online

Members online

You will be fine! Done it loads of times.... Sleep with a hammer in your hand [emoji23] and don't tell the lads down there or they WILL bully you in the night [emoji23][emoji23]

Let us know how your getting on.I remember driving from Dusseldorf to Berlin nearly twenty years ago with a lad from Dublin and Bangor(Wales) and having to sleep in the car the first night.Those were the days,young single making plenty money.I don't regret a second of it.

Let us know how your getting on.I remember driving from Dusseldorf to Berlin nearly twenty years ago with a lad from Dublin and Bangor(Wales) and having to sleep in the car the first night.Those were the days,young single making plenty money.I don't regret a second of it.
Im gonna keep a log....ill call the threads Matt's a t**t and deserves what he gets log, that way you can follow my progress until my untimely death

Im gonna keep a log....ill call the threads Matt's a t**t and deserves what he gets log, that way you can follow my progress until my untimely death
I would'nt fancy it but if that's what you want to do fair play to you.

will be like the blair witch project :D
"So guys, I'm in my van now guys. It's cold, but my subbies will keep me warm. Anyway guys, plastering tomorrow, so I'd better knock one out now guys and turn in."

Sleeping in a van, in a lay by, in January sat drinking beer in the dark....surely im living the dream....thought you was a rough arsed bunch.
Best thing I've ever read on this forum, I can picture it in my head and it makes me smile. What a legend, such a great story (y)

Lol, Pete you f**k*r, didn't expect to see this again in the new posts:baaa:

Lodan. I admire your determination.
You already have a good background if you've been renovating. That's kinda how I started, but, I started plastering as first skill. If you want to learn the basics, surely a cheaper course can be found.
What about volunteering as a labourer a couple days a week. If you have aptitude, you'd be pretty much on it after a couple of months.
Good luck in your venture.

You already have a good background if you've been renovating. That's kinda how I started, but, I started plastering as first skill. If you want to learn the basics, surely a cheaper course can be found.
What about volunteering as a labourer a couple days a week. If you have aptitude, you'd be pretty much on it after a couple of months.

Gold Trowel is by far the best training provider... I hear more success stories than any other training provider... Unless you can find a traditional college that has a good reputation....

Gold Trowel is by far the best training provider... I hear more success stories than any other training provider... Unless you can find a traditional college that has a good reputation....
Four or five years with a cantankerous,ocd,hard but fair,and with a bit of pride in their work plastererer is the way to go.and f**k all money.A dream for any young lad.Come through that and your well on the way!.

Four or five years with a cantankerous,ocd,hard but fair,and with a bit of pride in their work plastererer is the way to go.and f**k all money.A dream for any young lad.Come through that and your well on the way!.

yeah they are hard to find... I was lucky and so are many others but its hard and as prices get squeezed it will get harder :-(

You need to learn calender basics mate

Are you fed up with plastering yet @Lodan ? Looks like I may have a stint in the van myself but only for odd nights. Well done you pulled it all off though reckon your better then a lot of plasterers around now.

Are you fed up with plastering yet @Lodan ? Looks like I may have a stint in the van myself but only for odd nights. Well done you pulled it all off though reckon your better then a lot of plasterers around now.
No mate not sick of it, have the odd bad day buy make good money for the family, my own boss, made some good friends (flying over to Ireland to have a piss up with @theclemo and @zolco this weekend), got in a position to help someone else out so all on all living the dream(y)

No mate not sick of it, have the odd bad day buy make good money for the family, my own boss, made some good friends (flying over to Ireland to have a piss up with @theclemo and @zolco this weekend), got in a position to help someone else out so all on all living the dream(y)

that will be messy!!!!