Skimming up to an external corner

poucha

I'm reskimming a wall that ends in a 90 degree external corner - the other side of the corner is fine so I don't intend to skim that. What is the best way do get a neat edge between the old and the new plaster at the corner? Should I use a thin coat stop bead at the corner? If so, will that leave a neat edge on the side that doesn't need skimming?

I'm reskimming a wall that ends in a 90 degree external corner - the other side of the corner is fine so I don't intend to skim that. What is the best way do get a neat edge between the old and the new plaster at the corner? Should I use a thin coat stop bead at the corner? If so, will that leave a neat edge on the side that doesn't need skimming?
Yes .

Good to the edge, cut the salvage off and run a crisp bag down the angle to round it off
1579466416004.png
Use these for a nice square edge. :)

agree mate, hard to get a good fixing.
If it's got tapits approval that's that idea gone.
As John says best idea is just to feather up to the existing edge, and light sand if needed. Why would you put a corner bead on to then have to feather out the other wall that's perfectly alright?

If it's got tapits approval that's that idea gone.
As John says best idea is just to feather up to the existing edge, and light sand if needed. Why would you put a corner bead on to then have to feather out the other wall that's perfectly alright?
Because I would want a nice sharp corner .

will look forward to report /im off to bed starting to feel my age maybe but a big job im on 10 hour shift with traveling etc and going to go on for months

will look forward to report /im off to bed starting to feel my age maybe but a big job im on 10 hour shift with traveling etc and going to go on for months
I shall give it as soon as we use the damn stuff. I haven’t done a shift like that for a little while now, good luck