Skimming spatula

Members online

No members online now.

Breaky

Which is the best spatula or blade for a last finish on skimming.Been looking at refina and ox speedskim.?

Which is the best spatula or blade for a last finish on skimming.Been looking at refina and ox speedskim.?
I've got three of the Eze spats and although I don't use them all the time, they are handy.
You definitely need to use these way earlier than flattening in with a trowel as they're so flexible. I've actually finished three ceilings where I've only used a trowel to tidy round the edges.

I use these more for finishing. The timing is critical though. Trowel twice as normal then get the spat over the wall/ceiling while it’s still wet. Leave it and then wipe over with superflexy.

I've got three of the Eze spats and although I don't use them all the time, they are handy.
You definitely need to use these way earlier than flattening in with a trowel as they're so flexible. I've actually finished three ceilings where I've only used a trowel to tidy round the edges.
Would a person of normal height notice Andy

Joking aside , have you used on walls am put off , think they're too flexible and can look like a smoothed sand pit

Would a person of normal height notice Andy

Joking aside , have you used on walls am put off , think they're too flexible and can look like a smoothed sand pit
Haha I can only dream of commenting about seeing things from a normal height.
Yes I have used them on walls with good results. Thing is on walls you've always got beads and door frames to work round which will just lead to damaging the blade. IMO they're most effective on ceilings, using the pole attachment.
I put a ceiling on and then go over it both with and across the direction of putting on straight away.
The first one I did like this I had absolutely no intention of doing so at the start, but it just seemed to go so well and with minimal effort. Painted up perfectly .

Speedskim after second coat and then carry on accordingly great piece of kit f**k all rest of bullshit fads!